View Full Version : Another HUGE TV FIND!!!!

drh4683
04-01-2004, 04:07 PM
Just picked up a truckload full of tvs after work today from the closed shop I got those nos parts from a few weeks ago! I got a chance to go to the mans house last night and was blown away with the sets he had. I stopped by the truck rental today and picked up all the sets I wanted. Had lots of newer stuff too but left it.
I have no room, but theres a few space command sets in here too! Those are keepers for sure. I'll get pictures of the individual sets when I find a good spot to keep these.

THOR
04-01-2004, 04:24 PM
I've said it before you old TV guys are boinkers :rolleyes:

kc8adu
04-01-2004, 05:41 PM
when folks call me crazy for what i have i can point them here.
another incureable case:D

drh4683
04-01-2004, 07:24 PM
Here is truck load 2, all the tubes and test equipment. Got about 6 tek scopes, tons of caps, tubes etc. A bunch of old radios too. Loads of spare zenith scrap chassis and rca scrap chassis for parts. Too much to list. More to come!

Carmine
04-01-2004, 07:35 PM
What, no consoles??

Eric H
04-01-2004, 07:47 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Major score Doug!

Any RCA 19" B&W portables circa 1968-70 in that bunch?

Kamakiri
04-01-2004, 08:07 PM
....or dot bar generators? ;)

bgadow
04-01-2004, 09:41 PM
Man, those are some pretty pictures! Stuff looks real clean from here.

Charlie
04-01-2004, 09:49 PM
You da man!

It's a good thing you're not married... your wife would be at the front door with a 12-gauge pump unloading some buck-shot into your ass!

Do you actually have room left at home to put all of this stuff??? Or do you now have to rent a room next door so you can have some place to sleep?

Curious... in the first photo... what's the set in the lower left corner?

drh4683
04-02-2004, 05:25 AM
That set in the lower left corner is a saba HI FI, and next to it is a grundig hi fi.
Dont have any 68-70 rca b/w stuff.
Believe it or not, this stuff was already mine! Im moving my stuff to storage as Im moving in june. Had to clear out the house so it can be presentable. When I looked in the truck and saw how much stuff I had, I figured it would be a good picture. Also the fact that it was April 1. YOU HAVE BEEN APRIL FOOLED :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

So Im still nuts because I had no Idea I had this much stuff. You dont realize it untill you need to move ALL of it! You guys havnt seen the truck load of consoles yet! Here is a pic of the consoles and table sets in storage:

Good clean fun:D

drh4683
04-02-2004, 05:25 AM
other side

Charlie
04-02-2004, 11:32 AM
You dog! You really had me going! I had wondered why you didn't shoot the picture in a way for us to get a little better look at the sets! but I had no idea it was an April Fool!

That was a good one!

PUNK ROCK DUDE
04-02-2004, 11:56 AM
Yeah, really had my heart jumping! I thought maybe I was going to find the elusive 19" Zenith color tube set I want.

heathkit tv
04-02-2004, 01:09 PM
You rat bastage! But that gag is nowhere near as bad as what's been going on over at the Indian motorcycle forums I'm on......they went out of business last fall and since then there has been a constant stream of rumors of someone having bought the trademark with the intent to return to production.

Of course there were two threads along these lines that had everyone up in arms! Suckers!!!!!!!!

Getting back to your sets, I have so many friggin parts that I've bought from the fire sale at the Indian factory that I literally have to walk over piles in my teeny abode, so I know how you feel!

Anthony

drh4683
04-02-2004, 10:00 PM
Tim,

Need a dot bar generator? Ive got about 5 of them lying around. pm me if you want one.