View Full Version : RCA New Vista Model CF315M.

csingle
05-16-2008, 03:13 PM
Hello Everyone, hope the day is treating you well.

I Have posted this also on the Early B/W forum as well, but I thought I'd ask here as well.

I am in need of a schematic for an RCA New Vista Model CF315M. After adjusting several of the IF cans in on the chassis, I have gotten the picture to where is shows more fuzz than before, and kind of need the schematic to let me know if there are any alignment instructions, as well as my needing to do a recap job on the set. Most of the caps that I can see look to be original, but the Kine has been rebuilt in 1985. It has been a good set since I got it, and has replaced the 25" color that used to be in my living room. :yes:

Thanks for the assistance, and I hope to get some pix of it on here tomorrow.

-Chris I.

andy
05-16-2008, 03:40 PM

csingle
05-16-2008, 03:50 PM
I do have said equipment, but have no specific instructions on how to proceed. The reason for the adjustment was to try and correct a problem in the Audio Section whereby any white text on the screen would cause an annoying buzz to eminate from the speaker. As of now, I have the Signal to the set being fed from a Digital converter box through a VCR to allow DVD's to be played (VCR is acting as an RF Modulator). The Audio output of the VCR is being fed to an external Sony audio deck. This results in GREAT sound, but it would be nice to be able to have the audio working properly within the set itself.
Therefore, I expect that some component in the audio section or ratio detector has failed, but as the set is well aged I need a good reference to check resistors and caps, and what is doing what in the circuit.