View Full Version : Need help with 19" Motorola TV.

sgtrob
04-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Hello again everyone! I am attempting to fix a 19" Black and White Solid-State Motorola TV from around 1974. The model is XP5930W. The problem is, I get snow, but no picture, I even get the hissing noise from the speaker. The CRT has good brightness and contrast. I replaced both transistors in the tuner, and the IF IC. The tuner is also getting good B+ voltage. No picture, just snow. Any ideas? Anybody work on one of these sets before?

zenith2134
04-12-2008, 09:48 PM
I'm not too familiar with Motorolas, but alot of times with strange issues, simple things work for me. I've found loose/broken wires and solder joints causing the weirdest problems in TVs....Good luck either way

Chad Hauris
04-13-2008, 03:42 PM
I have found a lot more problems with bad capacitors than bad IC's/transistors...how are the power supply voltages to the IF stages...I would recommend an ESR check on all the caps as it will likely turn up some bad ones.

sgtrob
04-14-2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the info, I'll give that a try. I though this set was worth rescuing. It appears to be one of the last sets made by Motorola. There is an EIA code of 312 on the CRT.