View Full Version : 1974 Zenith pedistal base TV on ebay

drh4683
03-18-2008, 06:13 PM
Heres a pedistal base set from '74. Apparently the seller attempted to research this TV before listing it on ebay. As I was reading the description, it is almost a cut and paste out of one of my old threads here on AK of me describing this very similar TV, however, mine was a '73, so thats probably why this one is being advertized as such. I got a good laugh. Its good to see that people are trying to find out info on these. When they run across AK, they see these TVs are appriciated and give them a chance at ebay. However, since this particular set is a chromacolor II, it doesnt use the titan 210 chassis (thats the horizontal solid state). Hopefully someone can save it. This set uses the 600Z remote control, the last of the clicker.

http://cgi.ebay.com/RETRO-ZENITH-SPACE-COMMAND-MODERN-AGE-VINTAGE-COLOR-TV_W0QQitemZ300208232966QQihZ020QQcategoryZ3638QQr dZ1QQssPageNameZWD4VQQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p1638.m 124

radiotvnut
03-18-2008, 09:51 PM
It irritates me when someone copies someone else's words for their description. I sold one of those large school style transcription record players on epay for more money than I ever expected. It wasn't more than a week later that I saw someone selling an identical model. Their description was an exact COPY and PASTE from my description. I was hot; but, I kept quiet about it.

3Guncolor
03-18-2008, 10:17 PM
I think that set is a "76" and it might be a "zoom" set and if so that would be the correct remote for it. I think I can see the word Zoom under where the channel number tabs would go. I really don't think it's a 74 and does not have the horizontal chassis.

drh4683
03-18-2008, 11:04 PM
I stand corrected, it is indeed a 1976. I missed the chassis number which is a '76 model.

Carmine
03-19-2008, 08:40 PM
I don't think they had anything besides "Ohio" for a location yesterday. I was hoping it was Northern Ohio... Cinci is a bit of a drive... :no:

It looks like they have it in a room full of matching furniture. :thmbsp: