View Full Version : Dynamic Convergence

joeseattle70
03-15-2008, 06:09 PM
I have appreciated many member's feedback, and have one final question. I have put a new tube in my 1971 RCA console tv (chassis ctc-44a) and have now got purity just perfect and a bright white dot in the center of the screen for the static convergence. My question now is when it is on cross hatch pattern w/ crosshatch generator, lines are perfect, but it is hard to get all of the lines white - particulary where the glass is curved (is curved 25" tube). Are all lines supposed to be totally white, or is it ok for them to be close with just a very little amount of green or red or blue showing on a few of them? I figure this also is the cause of dots in outer perimeters of screen to have red/green hue vs. true white.

As the electronics are 37 years, I am trying to not touch more than necessary, but wasn't sure how critical it is to get all lines perfectly white, or if it is truly possible. Have the factory RCA manual for the set, and directions were clear, but didn't specify if all lines were to be truly white.

The picture is quite clear so not sure how much I should keep fiddling with it. Thoughts? Picture is strong, clear and consistent on screen.

Thanks,

Joe

andy
03-15-2008, 06:31 PM
Convergence at the edges will never be perfect, but it's shouldn't be noticeable from normal viewing distance. Even a new TV will have convergence errors at the edges.