View Full Version : Latest Trash Day Finds

truetone36
02-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Today was a good day. I found three items in good shape. They are-
Philips Model VS22805T 12" B/W security monitor (manufactured Feb. 1996)
Sony SVT-L200 VCR. This is a unit for recording input from security cameras.
And at last...
J.C. Penny AccuScan 13" color t.v. Model 685-2094L (manufactured Jul. 1986).
Does anyone know what company made the J.C. Penny set?
BTW, All of these are in good working condition.:banana:.

Dumont-First with the finest in television.:yes:

radiotvnut
02-24-2008, 09:15 PM
RCA made some sets for JC Penny. Wells-Gardner, NEC, Samsung, and Toshiba also made sets for them over the years. A picture of the chassis would be a big help.

truetone36
02-24-2008, 10:22 PM
I can't take any pics right now. I need to buy a digital camera someday, I guess.

jstout66
02-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Nice Finds! As for your JC Penney's set.. if it has Accu anywhere on the logo, it has GOT to be RCA.

truetone36
02-25-2008, 01:19 AM
Thanks. I was thinking it might be RCA, but wasn't really sure. This little set sure works great! I was watching Star Trek on it shortly after I got it home this afternoon and it has a nice sharp picture and great color. It's in good cosmetic shape as well. Someone took good care of it. I had the Sony hooked up to the Philips monitor and I can play tapes from my collection on it
as well as the security tapes which IIRC are recorded at 1/2 the speed of the
slowest speed on home machines. The monitor has a slight burn-in on the screen since it apparently was used with only one camera. I may be able to reduce that by leaving it on with the brightness all the way up for a little while. My wife was not impressed with all this:nono:, though. I got the usual hard looks from her as I brought it all in, but that goes with the territory, I guess.