View Full Version : Found a Samsung TXK2567

MRX37
01-30-2008, 09:36 PM
Another trash find. It's a 25" TV made in December 2001. This TV had the coax cable input ripped off (I guess that's why it was thrown out) I soldered in a new one, and the TV's been working fine so far! The TV has multiple AV inputs including S video!

Here's something even better: The remote control that came with the older Samsung TV I found actually works with this TV! That remote doesn't have buttons to control the AV inputs far as I know, but it changes the channels, volume, and can access the menu.

If anybody wants to see a pic, I'll snap one. If this TV behaves itself, I ***might*** throw out the older samsung TV I found awhile back.

EDIT: This TV has fine tuning on it as well! Very very unusual for a TV made in late 2001!

radiotvnut
01-30-2008, 10:15 PM
That ripped out coax connector may well be all that was wrong with that TV. They were not installed very well to begin with and I've seen many that were ripped out. I always solder them back so it is harder to break again.

You might try a Philips universal remote with an input key. I've had good luck with these remotes when it comes to changing the input setting.

MRX37
01-30-2008, 11:01 PM
Found one of my universal remotes that has a button for changing inputs :D

I like this TV already. I'm starting to like it more then the last Samsung I found.

Still amazes me that this TV has fine tuning capabilities.

I never did fix the power on issue with the older Samsung, so I may toss it in a week or so if this TV behaves itself.

So far so good! :D

MRX37
01-31-2008, 12:02 PM
Something new I've noticed, but I don't know if it's a problem, or just the characteristic of the TV.

When there's a bright image on the screen, I hear a high pitched noise coming from I think the picture tube itself. There's no significant picture distortion, nor any other issues that I can see, and the sound is definitely not coming from the speakers.

I've had various TV's do this before, so I'm unsure if it's actually a problem or not.

I'm also trying to track down a user manual for this TV, as it has a lot of features that I know of so far, and probably some that I don't know of. Google was of no help...

karmaman
02-01-2008, 12:18 AM
Not so crazy about Samsung stuff myself but that sounds like a nice find.

My 1989 JVC does the high pitched sound too and I find it insanely annoying. It's got a really loud flyback. Other than that I love the set. You might want to check if it's the fly.