View Full Version : Heathkit color tube set in Santa Rosa, CA

jpdylon
01-20-2008, 09:45 PM
someone has to save this mini console. It has the removable legs and assembly manual. Opens at 99 cents

Rescue it from the crusher! Forget your wife, kids, or lack of space or other excuses. If you are within driving distance you should get it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-Heathkit-Color-TV-19-1966-GR-180_W0QQitemZ120212936307QQihZ002QQcategoryZ3638QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://i8.ebayimg.com/06/i/000/d3/ea/c6cf_1.JPG

Don't let it die like that poor zenith in oregon...

freakaftr8
01-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Im going to bid!

andy
01-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Someone in Hong Kong is interested!

freakaftr8
01-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Shit, there goes my bid. lol

zenithfan1
01-21-2008, 02:12 PM
Shit, there goes my bid. lol

They aint biddin' GO FOR IT! keep it at home in the USA!!!!!!!!:banana:

jpdylon
01-21-2008, 11:49 PM
Cmon Shawn, go....GO.....GO! :zoom:

I'd put a bid on it before he decides to pull it due to lack of interest.

freakaftr8
01-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Ok guys, I did it... Lets see what happens!

thomash85715
01-23-2008, 11:19 AM
I know this is against all the rules of the ebay universe, and maybe the AK universe, but if anyone reading this in southern california cares to bid on the thing up to a ceiling amount I would pre-arrange with you, and you can get it from no-cal to so-cal in your vehicle, I can drive from tucson to so-cal and bring it home. But I can't logistically get to santa rosa. The minute I saw this I wanted it. Thank you. --Tom H

jpdylon
01-23-2008, 01:20 PM
I have the same model in the pain table cabinet, not the nicer console cabinet like the one shown in the auction.

They are fairly simple to work on, and have a swing out chassis. Its a plus to have the assembly manual, I don't know how you could successfully repair them without it.

This chassis has problems with HO tube instability (if it has never been repaired) I would highly recommend replacing ALL the capacitors in the HO OSC, output and damper circuit. Check for out of tolerance grid resistors on the HO tube. If you try to run it stock, there's a good chance the HO current will run away on you, and kill the FBT.

thomash85715
01-28-2008, 02:42 PM
I have written to the seller two times; he is kind of sensitive so I have stopped trying to communicate with him. Latest message back to me states the TV was in daily use up till ten years ago. He got it at sometime in the unspecified past as a non working set and has done no investigation and professes no knowledge of what the cause of the problems are. I had a pony express standing by to help me get it but I am extremely worried there could be a major problem like bad Power XFMR. What are chances this is easy fix as opposed to boat anchor? Thank you. --Tom

vintagecollect
01-29-2008, 12:40 AM
Hello thomas,
That's my baby for sale, as stated in ebay ad , it was powered up and all tube filaments lit- power xfmer is OK. Keep in mind this is a 40 + year old set. This is such a delayed project (should of gotten 2 years before) I have already spent a lot of money to bring a rare all solid state chromacolor all the way from the east coast to the west coast and another early SS hitachi from southern CA. I really want this set but have more money invested in other sets since before this heathkit arrived. Anyone collecting sets knows shipping can be the most expensive part. I'm offering this set starting at a dollar in the hopes another AKer or collector will restore and enjoy, preserve this hard to find 1st generation rectangular CRT Heathkit tv with optional cabinet, legs, manual, and service history. Color plates in manual show great color set can produce. There is no way have space to keep set and so have no inclination to start working on set either.

:cool:
Hey superfreak Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet you to talk tv.

I'm not sensitive, just direct, anyhow it's all just fun and games .
:puke2:

thomash85715
01-29-2008, 03:07 PM
Well, I have often been villified and castigated and ostracized for being direct and I wish it could truly be all fun and games all the time. I truly apologize for saying anything rude. I take you at your word the transfmr is good but the trouble is how to get from there to down here. If I had the measurements, I could make a better decision on whether to bid. Thank you. --Tom

freakaftr8
01-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Hey yeah hopefully I win! That would be awesome to add this to my collection! If I win I would love to talk to you!

BTW, anyone know what happened to the swap board?

Shawn

Hello thomas,
That's my baby for sale, as stated in ebay ad , it was powered up and all tube filaments lit- power xfmer is OK. Keep in mind this is a 40 + year old set. This is such a delayed project (should of gotten 2 years before) I have already spent a lot of money to bring a rare all solid state chromacolor all the way from the east coast to the west coast and another early SS hitachi from southern CA. I really want this set but have more money invested in other sets since before this heathkit arrived. Anyone collecting sets knows shipping can be the most expensive part. I'm offering this set starting at a dollar in the hopes another AKer or collector will restore and enjoy, preserve this hard to find 1st generation rectangular CRT Heathkit tv with optional cabinet, legs, manual, and service history. Color plates in manual show great color set can produce. There is no way have space to keep set and so have no inclination to start working on set either.

:cool:
Hey superfreak Hopefully I'll get a chance to meet you to talk tv.

I'm not sensitive, just direct, anyhow it's all just fun and games .
:puke2:

Carmine
01-29-2008, 04:40 PM
BTW, anyone know what happened to the swap board?

I noticed it was gone too...

I just assumed that somebody posted a mid-60s GE color TV for sale, and when that set experienced a magnetic implosion, it took the swap board and the Mayor of Detroit with it.

*the mayor of Detroit has been hiding for the past week after it was revealed he lied in a recent court case. :rolleyes:

vintagecollect
01-29-2008, 04:58 PM
Buyr's friend picked it up

vintagecollect
03-08-2008, 12:35 AM