View Full Version : Magnavox upright combo

Eric H
10-19-2007, 04:04 AM
Anyone interested in this Maggie?

I don't know where it is yet but the person needs to get rid of it.

sampson159
10-19-2007, 11:27 AM
amazing! would love to have this in my house!

kx250rider
10-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Eric,

If that's here in SoCal, I'm interested!!!!!!!!! Please PM me if you don't go for it, and if nobody else spoke first. (I'll have to find a few football players to help haul it away though)...

Charles

zenith2134
10-19-2007, 04:30 PM
What a beast!! Love Magnavoxes, I NEVER find any around here, probably the most seldom seen brand in my town. Hope someone puts this to good use.

Eric H
10-20-2007, 01:37 PM
BTW, this set is located "Just outside of Toledo, Ohio, about 60 minutes south of Detroit."

oofietoo
10-20-2007, 07:51 PM
is there a contact number for it id love to have it........michael

Geoff Bourquin
10-20-2007, 11:10 PM
I put a new CRT in one of those (or at least very similar model) about 20 years ago. Not an easy job.

Chad Hauris
10-20-2007, 11:20 PM
The top part does lift off of the bottom speaker cabinet. Someone brought one of these to the local thrift store but it was missing the TV...the speaker cabinet was sold but no interest in the TV-less top part. At first when I saw the two components I though it strange to have the TV controls right at ground level...Then I remembered these large upright consoles and how they went together.

Randy Bassham
10-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Those sets are beautiful but an absolute beast to move or work on. As Chad says they do come apart but there is no way to get your fingers out before you put the top section with the TV/Stereo on the floor or on top of the speaker cabinet. It still hurts to think about it. When I worked for the Magnavox dealer we sold several of them, I always dreaded having anything to do with them. That being said, now I'd love to have one but have no more room and that's just too far to travel to pick up.

andy
10-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Those sets are beautiful but an absolute beast to move or work on....

I guess beauty really is in the eye of the beholder.

kx250rider
10-23-2007, 11:13 AM
The top part does lift off of the bottom speaker cabinet. Someone brought one of these to the local thrift store but it was missing the TV...the speaker cabinet was sold but no interest in the TV-less top part. At first when I saw the two components I though it strange to have the TV controls right at ground level...Then I remembered these large upright consoles and how they went together.

I know where there's one of the bottom pieces... The owner didn't even know 'til I told him what it was. I think it was a roundie too, because it's a very light fruitwood finish that I don't think they made in the rectangular ones. I've seen several roundie ones, but not in a long time.

Charles