Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 05-14-2009, 06:01 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by markthefixer View Post

I suspect we're going to find out a LOT about the Black Pearl next season.
As far as who was on board (Ricardo, ahem.....).

But, 2010?

Geez!
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 05-18-2009, 07:58 AM
Carmine02 Carmine02 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 21
Actually, I got lost.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 05-19-2009, 12:23 PM
screenersam's Avatar
screenersam screenersam is offline
mostly harmless
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 75
nother dvr malfun--missed last 50 minutes. sheesh.
so who was Jacob's #2?
__________________
"God is not afraid of the 21st century. He knew it was coming."
T. Shawyer
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 05-19-2009, 02:59 PM
Cantabury Guy's Avatar
Cantabury Guy Cantabury Guy is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 41
Its on the web. As for Jacobs "friend" ...no name given but how about Esau who was the bibical Jacobs brother. Probably to simple but when you watch it you will see Ben make a remark about Moses and Jacob and ?/John make a funny look.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 05-20-2009, 11:22 PM
Duffinator's Avatar
Duffinator Duffinator is offline
Lost in the Supermarket
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ROCKville, CA
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snade View Post
Juliet is beautiful, smart and she can survive a 100 foot fall down a shaft. I love her.

Snade


My DTV DVR also malfunctioned but we only missed a couple of minutes.
__________________
Honorary AK E'Waver
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #126  
Old 05-21-2009, 03:32 AM
markthefixer's Avatar
markthefixer markthefixer is offline
Tooluser
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bensenville,Illinois
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabury Guy View Post
You can watch the whole program on the web. Go to the ABC site. It looks like the people on the Ajira plane are Dharma II. The guy that tried to talk Miles out going to the Island was one of the guys there now.
Eloise seems to be some kind of guardian of the time line and someone with those convictions would sacrifice a child for the greater cause.
The rest of the Ajira flight passengers that DIDN'T time travel are more than Dharma II, because they not only knew the answer to the "question", but also what language to answer it in.

And the gal that seems to be leading the "Ajira others", wasn't she the one who captured Sayeed and was hauling him out to Guam as a prisoner???

Eloise was the leader of the others when she shot Daniel, because right after that Widmore seemed to be deferring to her until they were in private. So I guess she was getting notes from Jacob (or was that only Ben who didn't get to meet Jacob face to face?).

Well the writers have until next year to dig themselves out of this hole, but they'd BETTER wrap it up neatly by the end of the series next year.

And this Jacob and "Esau" thing makes the ben/widmore/john locke thing look pretty parochial.
__________________

Nothing is ever completely fool proof, because fools are so ingenious.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 05-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Duffinator's Avatar
Duffinator Duffinator is offline
Lost in the Supermarket
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: ROCKville, CA
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by markthefixer View Post
And the gal that seems to be leading the "Ajira others", wasn't she the one who captured Sayeed and was hauling him out to Guam as a prisoner???
Yes it is.

I'm pretty confused on the whole Jacob thing. Can someone enlighten me?
__________________
Honorary AK E'Waver
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 05-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Cantabury Guy's Avatar
Cantabury Guy Cantabury Guy is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffinator View Post
Yes it is.

I'm pretty confused on the whole Jacob thing. Can someone enlighten me?
Lots of speculation on that one. Some substantial "Bibical" connections but a lot of bait and switch going on.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 05-24-2009, 01:18 PM
danj's Avatar
danj danj is offline
modern primitive
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Western Oregon
Posts: 87
Definitely a love-it-or-hate-it show. Put me in the "hate it" camp. I find it annoyingly disjointed and woefully overplotted yet underwritten.
__________________
The older I get the more I like my T90
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 05-24-2009, 02:59 PM
grumpy's Avatar
grumpy grumpy is offline
Admin
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 380
I was rooting for the hydrogen bomb.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #131  
Old 05-25-2009, 09:38 AM
screenersam's Avatar
screenersam screenersam is offline
mostly harmless
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffinator View Post
Yes it is.

I'm pretty confused on the whole Jacob thing. Can someone enlighten me?
Jacob has the appearance of a 40ish white man. He's been around for many, many years; if the statue is a clue he dates back to ancient Egypt. he has super 'powers', including near-immortality, but apparently there is one way to kill him. His has been controlling the Island and even influencing some residents (our 'Losties') off-Island. Benjamin claims to have been taking orders from him for years, but has never seen him.
Jacob might be a super-powered human, a mutant, even a supernatural being (angel?).
__________________
"God is not afraid of the 21st century. He knew it was coming."
T. Shawyer
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 05-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Mark W.'s Avatar
Mark W. Mark W. is offline
Instantly addicted
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Silverton, Oregon
Posts: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffinator View Post
Yes it is.

I'm pretty confused on the whole Jacob thing. Can someone enlighten me?
My take on the Jacob thing is the old good and evil routine. If you remember back when Jacob and one other were the only two on the Island waiting for a Sailing ship to arrive they seamed to be at odds with each other over how the Island would be run.

I also think this other guy (I assume the bad guy) is who is impersonating Lock.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 05-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Cantabury Guy's Avatar
Cantabury Guy Cantabury Guy is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark W. View Post
My take on the Jacob thing is the old good and evil routine. If you remember back when Jacob and one other were the only two on the Island waiting for a Sailing ship to arrive they seamed to be at odds with each other over how the Island would be run.

I also think this other guy (I assume the bad guy) is who is impersonating Lock.
THere has been a lot of symbolism(black/white) leading in that direction. Maybe the two opposing natural forces are free will vs. fate. I see a lot of that posturing in the discussions between Jacob and his buddy. If you examine the Jacob flashback visits you can see that eternal struggle taking shape.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 05-31-2009, 04:35 AM
kvndoom's Avatar
kvndoom kvndoom is offline
Ohmu
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tidewater Virginia
Posts: 3
I've watched the first 4 seasons, but only after I can get all the episodes at once. It has definitely held up better than Heroes. Season 1 of Heroes was the best television I have ever seen in my life, bar none. Then it imploded.

Far as the ho's go, Juliet tops my list. Smart, strong, not scared to pull the trigger, and has that middle-aged sexiness that young women are incomplete without. I can't stand Kate at all. She has no brains, and just takes advantage of the fact that men will do anything for a good-looking woman, regardless of if she's worth it or not. I'm still miffed that Hurley's girl got shot. Damn it, fat guys need love too! She had an interesting past that never got developed. As someone said, death is too kind a fate for Michael. I like Desmond, but don't care for Penny. Alex was cool and I'm pissed that she got killed, so if Penny gets whacked in return, I'm fine with that.

(keep in mind I'm Season 5 illiterate, so things I say may be redundant now)

At first I didn't like Sawyer, but he grows on you. He's a much more complex person than the hick he tries to be. Sayid is badass, but he lets people manipulate him too easily. He tries to be a leader but is a follower at heart. John Locke... well, he's John Locke. What else can be said?
__________________
ASUS Xonar sound card - Yamaha HTR-6050 receiver - JBL CF-150 (front), KEF IQ9 (rear), Sennheiser HD-600 (cans)

"Ever forward, my darling wind..."
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 06-24-2009, 02:51 AM
shaunhood's Avatar
shaunhood shaunhood is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14
Lost is pretty cool. I was addicted until season three I got busy so I did not have the chance to watch it. With how things go in Lost, if you miss one episode, it'll be hard to catch up. I'm thinking of getting the DVD though
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.