Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 01-10-2004, 09:42 PM
drh4683's Avatar
drh4683 drh4683 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,094
estate sale finds for 2004

This will be my new tv finds thread from estate sales/resale finds. 2004 got a good start with the first estate sale of the year. I dont get a chance to go every saterday, as I periodically work saterdays. However, I found two very nice sets. First, I found a 1977 Zenith 19" chromacolor II chassis 19JC48. Nice cabinet, its like a woodgrain textured plastic, but all black. Had no pic, simple replacement of the vertical output fuse put it back in perfect working order. It even had the original stand with it. Got it for $5 because it was busted. Nice and clean, couldnt pass it up.
Upstairs in the bedroom was a very nice 1967 zenith 20X1C38 in mint condition. Its a colonial cabinet, but what the heck, I dont have anything like this. They need to be saved too. It was actually playing! I couldnt believe it! It was still hooked up to the outdoor antenna cable. Cost me $30. Brought it home, and did a check up on all the tubes, almost all of them had defects, but not serious enought to mess up the set. After HV adjustment and color touchup, the picture is razor sharp. very pleasing to watch, like the chorma II.
__________________
I tolerate the present by living in the past...
To see drh4683's photo page, click here
To see drh4683's youtube page, click here

Last edited by drh4683; 07-19-2004 at 09:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.