![]() |
|
#91
|
|||
|
|||
|
Do not attempt to adjust your TV set. We control the vertical. We control the horizontal.
|
|
#92
|
||||
|
||||
|
Sit quietly & for the next hour we will take from the inner mind to THE OUTER LIMITS...
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#93
|
|||
|
|||
|
The show would've looked like hell in color. Man, those were the GOD's (Good Old Days).
|
|
#94
|
|||
|
|||
|
Hate to date myself like this, but we had just gotten a new RCA B&W console in '52 and at the age of 4+ I snuck into the LR and turned it on one Saturday evening whilst my father was asleep and mother was in the bath. Watched about 20 minutes of "The Thing". But, when they thought they had it trapped in that cabinet and used and ax to knock open the lock on the cabinet door and a dead sled dog fell out (killed by the Thing, obviously) I lept up and ran in and sat outside the bathroom door until my mother finished her bath. Scared the bejesus out of a preschooler.
|
|
#95
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yeah, "The Outer Limits" had a "look" to it that prolly wouldn't have played well in color.It was the work of a cinematographer named Conrad Hall, & he deliberately used odd camera angles & murky lighting to give it "that" look. The biggest problem w/TOL was that it was kinda uneven, some shows very good indeed, some weren't, & were hard to follow. Still, I'd give my eyeteeth to see something like it or "Twilight Zone" nowadays. Yeah, I know BOTH of 'em had new shows, but they seemed more interested in preaching to you about Injustice or Women's Rights or some other blarney, than scaring yr pants off...-Sandy G.
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
| Audiokarma |
|
#96
|
|||
|
|||
|
Yamaha B-2 that is exactly what you deserved. Somewhere around the same age myself, I snuck out of bed one night and went into the living room. My parents were both out cold on the couches, and the TV was on with a wolfman type movie. I watched it till the end and then woke them up, cause there was no way I was walking down the hallway back to my bedroom alone.
|
|
#97
|
||||
|
||||
|
has anybody mentioned the friggin' Banshee in 'Darby O'Gill and the Little People"? that thing put me into fright zone so bad i was nearly paralyzed for a month
|
|
#98
|
||||
|
||||
|
OMIGAWD !! Holy Schnikees, I'd mercifully forgotten about THAT one...Guess 'cause I'm part Scotch-Irish it REALLY worked on me, too....-Sandy G.
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#99
|
||||
|
||||
|
There was an Outer Limits episode about some sort of particle creatures who ate up the bodies of people working in a nuclear reactor and took over their radiation suits. It all happened during a thunderstorm, and the reactor was wonderfully creepy, a hellish furnace, all glowing, surrounded by people (well at first, anyway) in klunky radiation suits.
I know I first saw it during Xmas because I was at a friend's house; coming home, Mom and Dad were at a party and only big sister was there. She informed me that the christmas tree would protect us from the Particle Creatures. Well, at that time we sort of poorly estimated Xmas tree height out in the field and got trees way too tall for our living room. The result was a lopped-off, huge and bushy tree. I estimated that I could fend off Particle Creatures in the cover of that tree until Mom & Dad got home. Maybe jab 'em with the bubble lights or toss a spikey ornament at them if they got too aggressive. In the summer, though, the threat came from the Martians. I'd seen Invaders From Mars a couple years before, and in the summer you're outside and on kinda...soft...ground that any competent Martian could dig a tunnel under and suck you in. I stayed on the sidewalks after dusk, believe me. Man, the Martians in the Summer and the Particle Creatures in the Winter....it was tough being a kid. |
|
#100
|
|||
|
|||
|
scariest movie i ever saw? well how about scariest preview... the scene in BIG MAMMA 2 that parodies BO Derek... now that scares the bejesus out of me
__________________
" life is like a jar of jalopenas - you never know when its going to burn your ass" |
| Audiokarma |
|
#101
|
|||
|
|||
|
Oh ya scariest movie i ever saw had to be poltergeist.. we saw it in the movie theater after dropping 2 hits of acid really blew our minds
__________________
" life is like a jar of jalopenas - you never know when its going to burn your ass" |
|
#102
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
The banshee didn't scare me but it turned my older sister into a basket case. The way my mom used to tell it, when my sister saw it the theater when she was a little girl, she woke up screaming for a couple weeks afterwards. Heh, Heh, Heh! (Never liked being tickled by her.)
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time. |
|
#103
|
|||
|
|||
|
Not a movie but i do remeber particular episodes off "the x files " freaking me out quite abit.
|
|
#104
|
||||
|
||||
|
right now i'm in the middle of "Helter Skelter", the TV movie from '76. now that is freaky! i remember watching this back in the day, and i'm finding that it still creeps me out. the actor that plays manson is perfect, as well as some of the women that play his disciples. of course knowing that it's true adds immensely to the scare quotient.
__________________
Heathkit W5M's Linn LP-12 Juicy Music Tercel II phono Juicy Music Peach II pre Klipsch La Scala II |
|
#105
|
|||
|
|||
|
this one was scary!
Pink Flamingos
Starring: Divine |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|