![]() |
|
#946
|
||||
|
||||
|
Lakeview Terrace...
At times it seemed like it was a little slow, but it wasn't.. like it passed by fast when you thought it was slow.. Just not as much happening in the move as the trailers lead you to believe, but it was still a really great movie.. I highly suggest it..
__________________
Big ass speakers with too much power, and nowhere to go fast... Altec A7-500; Peavey SUB118-HC Modded Quicksilver 8417 Mono Amps; Tapco J1400 Behringer MX2004X; Tapco T-231; Peavey VSX; Pioneer SR-303 Technics SL-1200MKII; Pioneer RT-701; Yamaha CDX-1030; KLH Model 18 |
|
#947
|
||||
|
||||
|
The big lebowski! Its still the best movie ive seen lol
__________________
DENON- AVR-688, DVD-555 CERWIN-VEGA!- 280SE, D-3, U-103, VE-5C, E-706 XBOX 360- As main source |
|
#948
|
||||
|
||||
|
At my wife's request, we went and saw "The Reader" last Saturday night. The movie is kind of deep and a little thought provoking. A lot of "flash backs". Kate Winslet is very good, and her nudity was okay too. Rated "R". Definitely not something to take the kids to.
__________________
I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou |
|
#949
|
||||
|
||||
|
Nick and Nora's Infinate Playlist - kinda funny, kinda gross.
Before that, the Matrix and Narnia, Prince Caspian. Not bad.
__________________
jason rotel | sonographe | sumiko | ortofon |cambridge audio | jolida | kimber | snell
|
|
#950
|
||||
|
||||
|
We saw Coraline over the weekend. I have no depth perception, so it was REALLY cool to watch something in 3D and actually have it work. Creepy enough story that the kid behind us was ooooohing and aaaahing in the beginning and whimpering at the end.
__________________
"A drummer, bass and two guitars When you're playing Tasty, you'll go far Tasty, ooh Tasty, ain't it time we mellow out?" Tasty-The Good Rats |
| Audiokarma |
|
#951
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hitchcock's The Lady Vanishes on a 1930's 16mm print thru an RCA MI1337 (I think) projector.
Not my cup of tea, altho the 16mm was good. Slumdog millionaire.
__________________
Denon, Mackie, Lenco, JBL, Onkyo, Crown, Tascam, Teac, Otari, Ampex, Pro-Ject, Kenwood, Technics, Sound Engineering Labs, Apple, PreSonus, Panasonic, Shure, Realistic and JVC spoken here |
|
#952
|
||||
|
||||
|
The Rose, with Bette Middler, first time, after all these years.
First and last, that is... (Couldn't even sit through the whole thing.) "Eaten Alive" with Neville Brand, Stuart Whitman and Carolyn Jones. I like gore, so I figured this would be good. Not. Poor Brand. He was in some fine Westerns and even some films from the 40's. Guess he needed the $$$. (If there was any.)
__________________
"So now you know who gets mystified" |
|
#953
|
||||
|
||||
|
Stratosphere Girl. It rocketed towards the top of my favorite movies list.
__________________
_______________________________ All there is to life is beer and music.... Well, family too, but they are where the beer and music is. Work? That's just to get me to the weekend.... where the beer, music and family are. Like I said, those are the important things. |
|
#954
|
||||
|
||||
|
To Sir, With Love
A good one, if you can get past the scenes of London "teens" dancing. |
|
#955
|
||||
|
||||
|
Our local ma and pa video store has around 17,000 different titles and probably 5,000 that they don't have room for. Needless to say we have a big selection to choose from.
Last 2 watched were Full Metal Jacket on Blu-ray and Saving Private Ryan up converted. Both were great and my wife and daughter kept telling me to turn it down. Of course, I couldn't hear them.
__________________
_______________________________ All there is to life is beer and music.... Well, family too, but they are where the beer and music is. Work? That's just to get me to the weekend.... where the beer, music and family are. Like I said, those are the important things. |
| Audiokarma |
|
#956
|
|||
|
|||
|
Mirrors,It was ok but SDM is most likely the best movie Ill see for awhile.
Bollywood and Hollywood have been in a slump,I will most likely see the new Shaw Ruk Khan movie in english (God made couples) a movie touching on true matches being Gods plan.I like most of his movies and he is my favorite actor. there are alot of good actors but great ones are rare,Don't get me wrong I like actors like Robert Denero and Jack Nicoleson but they always just play themselves.Never acting any different.They just repeat over and over the same person in a differant movie. |
|
#957
|
||||
|
||||
|
it was either wall-e or kung fu panda.
next up, high school musical 3. I've no idea what I'll watch when the kids are grown.
__________________
"Don't take life too seriously because you'll never get out of it alive" - Bugs Bunny "Princes of Prestidigious Petrochemical Platitudes" - 'toze |
|
#958
|
||||
|
||||
|
Watched "The Visitor" earlier, and getting set to watch "Revolutionary Road". Trying to get as many Oscar nominated movies and performances watched before this Sunday. My favorite performance so far for best actor has been Mickey Rourke in "The Wrestler".
__________________
|
|
#959
|
||||
|
||||
|
Le Samourai. Freaking excellent till the end. I'll have to watch it again, I did not understand the protaginists motivation for his actions in act III.
Went to The Reader tonight. Pretty dang good.
__________________
___________________ ACHOO!!
|
|
#960
|
||||
|
||||
|
Ghost Town---had some pretty funny ideas in it.
__________________
"The brain is a wonderful organ; it starts working the moment you get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office." --- Robert Frost |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|