Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 02-01-2006, 11:31 AM
Mr Natural's Avatar
Mr Natural Mr Natural is offline
Malmborg in Plano
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: 2000 light years from home
Posts: 34
For me, it was "Horrors of the Black Museum".
My cousin took me when I was like 8 or 9 yrs old and the first scene where this lady receives a present in the mail and it's a pair of binoculars. So she goes over to the window to use them and these 12" knives come out of the eye peices and shes got her hands on her face with blood POURING out between her fingers and shes' screaming........

Man, you never saw a kid run out of the theatre so fast
__________________
Head-On - Apply it directly to the forehead
Head-On - Apply it directly to the forehead
Head-On - Apply it directly to the forehead
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 02-01-2006, 03:41 PM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByrdWyngs
How about "Phantasm", anybody else remember that one? I grew up on SF and horror flicks and very few of them ever really bothered me, but for some reason that flick just totally creeped me out (I'm sure it didn't have anything to do with the fact that I was higher than a kite when I saw it , not that it was a terribly unusual condition for me to be in back in the late '70s )
By the time Phantasm came out, I'd gotten past fear and into enjoyment of them not unlike a rollercoaster. I'd also discovered that horror films tended to have an odd effect on the libido of one's date. (Let's just leave it at that.)
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 02-01-2006, 03:49 PM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Natural
For me, it was "Horrors of the Black Museum".
Presented for your enjoyment.....



I've never heard of that one. It has some very good reviews online.
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 02-01-2006, 03:57 PM
JerryM's Avatar
JerryM JerryM is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 62
[QUOTE=passion4audio
What is your "scariest movie"?[/QUOTE]

You mean other than "Showgirls?"


Would have to be "Psycho," which I saw when it first came out. I must have about 8. I went with a group of my school buddies. I think the occasion might have been one of my friend's birthdays. We were just dropped off at the theater--no parents. There were no ratings then, and they'd let kids in to most anything. It's really a pretty violent and disturbing movie for a bunch of 8 year olds, and most of time, we couldn't even look at the screen. Strange entertainment for a kid's birthday party.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 02-01-2006, 04:04 PM
fropiler's Avatar
fropiler fropiler is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 14
So THAT's the Movie!

I was wondering if I was the only one on the planet that saw this "bone sucking" movie. I had nightmares for years about that monster. any idea what year it was?


Quote:
Originally Posted by soundmotor
I remember it well, for me it was "Island of Terror" (Night of the Silicates) w/ Peter Cushing when I was ~11 or so. Lab experiment goes wrong and calcium eating mollusk things are set loose on a Jersey island. Victims have their bones sucked out of them and leave a very squishy corpse. I watched it after school one afternoon before anyone was home & halfway through the film I was locking the doors & shutting drapes. I may have even had my Hillerich & Bradsby on hand.

Honorable mentions -

Rosemary's Baby
Nightmare on Elm Street (1st one)
The Changeling (still creeps me out)
Haunting of Hill House (original)
House of Wax (original)
Many more I've thankfully forgotten
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #81  
Old 02-01-2006, 05:11 PM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by fropiler
I was wondering if I was the only one on the planet that saw this "bone sucking" movie. I had nightmares for years about that monster. any idea what year it was?
This is somewhat cathartic. The film came out in 1966 but it wasn't until the early 70's when I saw it. Here's a couple for the trip back down memory lane -

__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 02-01-2006, 05:31 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Anybody remember "The Leech Woman"? Grade-Z flick that came out in '60, scared the P*ss outta me in like '65 or '66 when I was 8 or 9...My mom had a cousin who vaguely resembled-VERY vaguely-the "monster"- I never could look at her after that w/o thinking of that dreadful movie. She was a very nice lady, too-always nice to me, I shouldn't think of her like that.-Sandy G.
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 02-01-2006, 05:35 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
"Showgirls"- Dammit, Jessi, put yer clothes back on, girl ! Yeah, I always wanted to see Elizabeth Berkeley nekkid, but....Boy, HER career went in the terlet w/THAT one- has she done anything since that ?!?-Sandy G.
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 02-01-2006, 10:21 PM
RussinOhio's Avatar
RussinOhio RussinOhio is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Westlake, Ohio
Posts: 120
I posted elsewhere in this forum about my recent viewing of "The Exorcist".
I was 14 years old when I saw that picture and it really freaked me out! I was actually traumatised by that movie. Damn it was a good month or two before I could sleep normally.

"Alien" in 1979 gave me a bad dream or two!

I totally agree with you guys about Twighlight Zone & Night Gallery....great shows!!


Russ
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 02-02-2006, 04:19 PM
Mr Natural's Avatar
Mr Natural Mr Natural is offline
Malmborg in Plano
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: 2000 light years from home
Posts: 34
Anyone remember Chiller Theatre? Used to start with that lady from Plan9 from Outer Space comin' at ya. That used to scare me every Saturday night. One time they ran 'She Devils' or 'She Demons' and when the girls truned into the monsters with those awful faces, I used to duck under the blankets and not come out the rest of the night.....even with the NY Rangers coming on later!
__________________
Head-On - Apply it directly to the forehead
Head-On - Apply it directly to the forehead
Head-On - Apply it directly to the forehead
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #86  
Old 02-02-2006, 04:56 PM
Celt's Avatar
Celt Celt is offline
Peanut Head
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Paragould, Arkansas
Posts: 1,746
I like scary movies...always have...but they have rarely ever scared me. That being said, one of the best is "The Haunting" (1963) with Julie Harris. It doesn't try to scare you with horrific special effects...instead it just suggests it.
__________________

Let me live in the house beside the road and be a friend to man.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 02-03-2006, 08:57 AM
Trawlerman's Avatar
Trawlerman Trawlerman is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 4
Nobody scared at the Hellraiser movies?

Always gives me the heebie-jeebies. Especially the second episode. The bloke with the maggots all over him freaks me out and particularly when the doctor gives him the razor to cut them off with.

Now that's some seriously warped stuff!
__________________
If you don't like what you're doing, you can always pick up your needle and move to another groove. - Timothy Leary

Last edited by Trawlerman; 02-03-2006 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Spelling
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 02-03-2006, 09:18 AM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Anybody else remember "The Outer Limits"? Damned if some of THEM weren't scary..at least to a 7,8 yr old kid. I'd get so upset my parents wouldn't let me watch it. Remember the episode where they steal several blocks' worth of 1963 suburbia America & transport it to this planet where everyone looks like they have world-class acne? Or the one where these things that look like crabs get on yr back & suck you dry ? Another good one was where Robert Culp has this glass hand, & is actually a robot...Aww, man, I could go on all day !! <grin>-Sandy G.
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 02-03-2006, 10:16 PM
TVTeufel TVTeufel is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G
Anybody else remember "The Outer Limits"?

Another good one was where Robert Culp has this glass hand, & is actually a robot...Aww, man, I could go on all day !! <grin>-Sandy G.

One more then..... either from "The Outer Limits", or "Twilight Zone" circa late '50s, early '60s. Scenario - USA & USSR are close to lobbing the big one at each other. Our (mad) scientists come up with a plan whereby the only way to save mama earth from oblivion is to invent an extra-terrestrial, & have him (it) land somewhere to announce a coming invasion by hoards of his (its) species, with the intent that the cold war adversaries would quit pissing each other off; & join forces against the impending space invasion. One of the scientists is "selected" to begin a series of body part transplants from various barnyard critters to make him appear uh..."less human". I think the final result resembled a satyr, but not as cute. Anyway, he's loaded into a fake spacecraft, & is destined to land somewhere to mutter the "Take me to your leader" line. However the craft misses its mark (Times Square?), & crashes somewhere less civilized (I know, hard to imagine).
After our deformed savior crawls from the hatch, he (it) is wandering through a forest (think Deliverence), when "POW", he's (it's) taken down by a bullet betwixed the horns.
"Day-um", exclaims hunter Buford to buddy Darrold, eyeing the fallen critter. "That's the ugliest dam' warthog I ever done seen".

The end.

Prolog - happy ending....USSR discovers Playboy, tears down The Wall, buys Cadillacs, & sells bombs to Saddam.


Ron.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 02-04-2006, 06:45 AM
markdi markdi is offline
markdi
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: portland oregon
Posts: 232
2 movies stand out to me

john carpenters the thing

and Requiem for a Dream
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.