Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 11-13-2006, 02:16 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Groucho-"I'm gonna fight for this woman's (Margaret Dumont) honor. Which is a lot more than she ever did..."
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 11-13-2006, 02:36 PM
avguytx's Avatar
avguytx avguytx is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 23
"Chicks dig me...'cause I really wear underwear..." Bill Murray - Stripes
__________________
"....we can clone sheep, but we apparently can't make a short paper tube without a raised seam." A quote from Art Dudley, Stereophile, Oct 2008, in regards to Lowther coil/coil formers.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 11-13-2006, 02:38 PM
avguytx's Avatar
avguytx avguytx is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 23
"Aw, hell...somebody's gonna have to go back and get a sh*t load of dimes" Slim Pickens - Blazing Saddles
__________________
"....we can clone sheep, but we apparently can't make a short paper tube without a raised seam." A quote from Art Dudley, Stereophile, Oct 2008, in regards to Lowther coil/coil formers.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 11-14-2006, 05:26 AM
Ronald1973's Avatar
Ronald1973 Ronald1973 is offline
8-trackin', Hank, Sr. man
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Steele, MO
Posts: 26
Jed Clampett: "Well, if you should happen to come back tomorrow, we'll be having left-overs. That's the thang about possum innards-they's just as good the 2nd day!"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 11-14-2006, 10:20 AM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
"Ill always stand behind this woman.I like the shade."

Man at the opera talking to usher-"Miss,these seats are terrible,theyre facing the stage!"

"Do I know you?"
"No"
"Do I owe you money?"
"No"
"In a drunken stupor did I promise to marry you?"
"No"
"Then Im your man."

All from Brain Donors


Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #81  
Old 11-20-2006, 07:32 PM
6thumbs's Avatar
6thumbs 6thumbs is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 52
chris rock,,,, shooting white people is like eating potato chips you just can,t stop at one
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 11-20-2006, 07:42 PM
6thumbs's Avatar
6thumbs 6thumbs is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 52
rodney dangerfield caddy shack, hey wang this clubs restricted so dont tell your jewish , bill murray, hey lama how about a little something for the effort man the movie is laoded
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 11-20-2006, 09:02 PM
DaWoofer's Avatar
DaWoofer DaWoofer is offline
AK Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Elkhart IN
Posts: 23
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee"
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 11-20-2006, 09:15 PM
jlindsey86's Avatar
jlindsey86 jlindsey86 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 44
"Yes, I killed him. I killed him for money and for a woman. I didn't get the money and I didn't get the woman. Pretty, isn't it?"

"They've committed a murder. And it's not like taking a trolley ride together where they can get off at different stops. They're stuck with each other and they've got to ride all the way to the end of the line and it's a one-way trip and the last stop is the cemetery."
__________________
Main System: Pioneer SA-9100, Pioneer TX-9100, Pioneer Elite PD-59, Pioneer Elite CLD-79, Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai, JBL Decade L36's
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 11-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Fast_Eddie's Avatar
Fast_Eddie Fast_Eddie is offline
Upper-middle fi
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Denver Colorado
Posts: 96
One of my favorite movies is a forgotten Spencer Tracy film called Bad Day at Blackrock. You owe it to yourself to see it. Some great lines:

John J. Macreedy: You're not only wrong. You're wrong at the top of your voice.



Reno Smith: I believe a man is as big as what he's seeking. I believe you're a big man, Mr. Macreedy.
John J. Macreedy: Flattery will get you nowhere.
Reno Smith: Why would a man like you be looking for a lousy Jap farmer?
John J. Macreedy: Ohhh, dadgum, maybe I'm not so big.
Reno Smith: Oh yes you are. I believe a man is as big as what'll make him mad. Nobody around here seems big enough to get you mad.
John J. Macreedy: What makes you mad, Mr. Smith?
Reno Smith: Me? Nothing, nothing...
John J. Macreedy: Ah, you're a pretty big man yourself, then. Yet the... the Japanese make you mad, don't they?
Reno Smith: Well, that's different.


John J. Macreedy: I got a problem of my own.
Doc T.R. Velie Jr.: You sure have, they're going to kill you with no hard feelings.
John J. Macreedy: And you're going to sit there and let 'em do it.
Doc T.R. Velie Jr.: Don't get waspish with me, mister.
John J. Macreedy: Oh, I'm sorry, I, uh...
Doc T.R. Velie Jr.: Yeah, well, I feel for you, but I'm consumed with apathy. Why should I mix in?



John J. Macreedy: You know, I know what your trouble is, son. You'd like me to die quickly, wouldn't you, without wasting too much of your time; or quietly, so I won't embarrass you too much; or even thankfully, so your memory of the occasion won't be too unpleasant.



John J. Macreedy: [to the town mortician] Mind not looking at me like that?
Doc T.R. Velie Jr.: Like what?
John J. Macreedy: Like a potential customer.
Doc T.R. Velie Jr.: Huh. Everyone is.



I can't tell you enough how much you need to see this film. We could all learn a lot from John J. Macreedy. It's been a long time since they made a movie about a man I aspire to be.

Take care,

Ed
__________________
The jet pilots wailed
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #86  
Old 11-20-2006, 10:14 PM
Fast_Eddie's Avatar
Fast_Eddie Fast_Eddie is offline
Upper-middle fi
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Denver Colorado
Posts: 96
One more very good one. There's a movie called Charley Varrick. Amazing movie. Here's a great quote:

Maynard Boyle: You need a rest, Harold. A long trip to someplace quiet. Another name, another country.
Harold Young: I can't start my life over again now.
Maynard Boyle: You don't have much choice, Harold. They're gonna try to make you tell where the money is. You know what kind of people they are. They're gonna strip you naked and go to work on you with a pair of pliers and a blowtorch.


Tarintino stole the pair of pliers and a blow torch from this movie in Pulp Fiction. Kinda cool to know where he got it. I bet there are a ton more lines in that movie from other films.

Another great line from CV:

Jana: [Molly arrives at the whore house] These are the goodies. He says his name is Sally
Molly: Molly.
Jana: [the prostitues laugh] Sally, Molly, if you got a bell, honey, we'll find a way to ring it.
Molly: I didn't travel six hundred miles for the amusement of morons. Is that clear, ladies?
Taxi driver: Now just a darn minute there.
Molly: You just keep throwing your feathers, mister, before I put you in the hospital.
Taxi driver: Yes, sir.

Molly is played by Joe Don Baker, and man, is he meeeeeean!

Offensive line, but really tells his character:

Molly: [Molly has just punched out an argumentative black man... ] I allow very few men to speak to me in that tone. Few caucasians. And no nigras at all.

Gives you a chill when you hear him deliver it.

Take care,

Ed
__________________
The jet pilots wailed
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 11-20-2006, 10:26 PM
jlindsey86's Avatar
jlindsey86 jlindsey86 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 44
Fast Eddie, those are two great movies. I have seen both of them, actually twice, just happen to catch them on TCM while channel surfing one night a while back.
__________________
Main System: Pioneer SA-9100, Pioneer TX-9100, Pioneer Elite PD-59, Pioneer Elite CLD-79, Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai, JBL Decade L36's
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 11-20-2006, 11:56 PM
Fast_Eddie's Avatar
Fast_Eddie Fast_Eddie is offline
Upper-middle fi
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Denver Colorado
Posts: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlindsey86
Fast Eddie, those are two great movies. I have seen both of them, actually twice, just happen to catch them on TCM while channel surfing one night a while back.
Really? I knew Charley Varrick showed up on cable from time to time, but I didn't think anyone ever showed Bad Day at Blackrock. I'm glad to hear that!

Take care,

Ed
__________________
The jet pilots wailed
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 11-23-2006, 09:03 PM
Andyman's Avatar
Andyman Andyman is offline
Scroungus Stereophilus
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North of Detroit, East of Grumpy. West of Kegger
Posts: 261
Love this exchange in "The Electric Horseman"

Hallie Martin: I'm just trying to be pleasant. You get so worked up about everything.

Sonny Steele: What have I got to be worked up about? I've only got a stole horse; everybody except the Coast Guard is after me; I've got nothin' but miles of open country to cross; and now I'm carrying a crazy woman around wearin' shoes from Bloomingbirds who thinks she's seen a rattlesnake round up.
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 12-03-2006, 02:18 PM
jimfet's Avatar
jimfet jimfet is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: N.C.
Posts: 63
Ain't this a geographical oddity. 2 weeks from everywhere.
__________________
I'm the one that's got to die, when it's time for me to die.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:40 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.