![]() |
|
#76
|
||||
|
||||
|
300
Visually stunning, inspiring story of honor and love, and had a kick ass soundtrack! |
|
#77
|
|||
|
|||
|
Flags of Our Fathers -- couldn't really get into it. I know, hurrah and rah-rah, I'm un-american if I don't love this movie...well, it's hard being honest, but that's what this country is all about to me.
|
|
#78
|
||||
|
||||
|
The Departed - never heard the firetruck word used so much, but a heck of a gripping movie.
Rob
__________________
![]() Some people are like Slinkies, not really good for anything. They do bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs. |
|
#79
|
||||
|
||||
|
Kid Monk Baroni
Obscure little B-movie from 1952 starring Leonard (Spock) Nimoy and Jack (Jimmy Olson) Larson.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044796/ |
|
#80
|
||||
|
||||
|
Oh god, it was called Cecil B. Demented, and it was as stupid a movie as you’re likely to see. SWMBO loved it for its "Campiness" She liked “Kung Fu Hustle” for the same reason. Stupid funny.
OK once, but I wouldn’t care to see em again
__________________
- Outlaw Main: 9090DB, Snell Type EIII's, Marantz 6100, TEAC PD-D2500 LR: Motorola tubes, EL84 outputs, , Dual 1019 TT, Sony CDP-CE105, Wharfedale Sapphire SP-89's and a 15" GV center in an infinite baffle Home Office: Sansui 6060, Sony CDP-C305, Original Advents |
| Audiokarma |
|
#81
|
||||
|
||||
|
Ghost Rider, last night.
Nicholas Cage is hit or miss, IMO, and he missed in this one...when Fonda says "Nice bike", I don't think you could have cast anyone else in that role
|
|
#82
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I've loved the story ever since I read "Gates of Fire" by Steven Pressfield...who cares if Miller's story is historically accurate or not, it looks like a heck of a movie. |
|
#83
|
||||
|
||||
|
Working on "Matewan" in the bedroom VCR; always fall sleep before it finishes.
Good film about organizing coal miners in W. Va.
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire |
|
#84
|
|||
|
|||
|
Superman Returns
|
|
#85
|
||||
|
||||
|
__________________
Sansui 9090 AR-XA Nakamichi 500 ADC CD-100X Tascam CD-RW4U Hughes AK-100 DBX SNR-1, 3BX, 120X-DS KLH TNE7000A BBE 1002 AR 3a, 4x, 6, 7 KLH Model 6 Minimus 7, 7W Boston A-40 Niles SVC-2 AR SRC |
| Audiokarma |
|
#86
|
||||
|
||||
|
On Golden Pond was on TV last night on a movie channel. I'd forgotten how good it was (Seen last when it came out on the big screen) and what a hard body Jane Fonda was in it. (Not that she ws in it much)
__________________
- Outlaw Main: 9090DB, Snell Type EIII's, Marantz 6100, TEAC PD-D2500 LR: Motorola tubes, EL84 outputs, , Dual 1019 TT, Sony CDP-CE105, Wharfedale Sapphire SP-89's and a 15" GV center in an infinite baffle Home Office: Sansui 6060, Sony CDP-C305, Original Advents |
|
#87
|
||||
|
||||
|
Walk the Line. Great movie.
__________________
MCD205 MR85 C46 MC402 a/d/s L-980's (Denon DP52F TT w/SignetTK10-ML) |
|
#88
|
||||
|
||||
|
Just saw 300 on Saturday. Great movie.
Most don't realize is an adaptaion of a Graphic Novel (ie. comic book) of the same title. That is the reason for the grandiose imagery and characterizations.
__________________
Technics SL-D3 Pioneer SA-708, SA-608, RG-2 Denon DCD-1800R Large Advent Walnut, Heritage KLH 6 AR-4xa |
|
#89
|
||||
|
||||
|
"I Think I Love My Wife",written,directed and starring Chris Rock.For a man whos so insightful as a stand up comedian,his films are so stilted,wooden,and one dimensional.The main reason I went to see it was that it was a remake of Rohmer's Chloe In The Afternoon.Yeah,sure it was.Like those Emerson all in one fake retro record player cd combos are remakes of a thorens TD-124.
Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810. |
|
#90
|
||||
|
||||
|
Tombstone, the one with Kurt Russel and Val Kilmer. Seen it so many times but it’s still worth watching if only for the "Gun trick" Scene Doc Holiday steals, and the actual gunfight. That is probably one of the most true to life enactments of a face to face western gunfight ever put to the silver screen. The fear, the first draw and how it occurs. The running, the blind shooting at times, and the sudden cessation of shooting when it’s over.
I doubt it’s what really happened blow by blow, but few gunfights were of the classic “high noon meet in the street”, and this scene really impresses me in its human portrayal of the characters, whether the characters actually were like that or not. The different emotions they portray I think are accurate of different peoples reactions to that sort of fight.
__________________
- Outlaw Main: 9090DB, Snell Type EIII's, Marantz 6100, TEAC PD-D2500 LR: Motorola tubes, EL84 outputs, , Dual 1019 TT, Sony CDP-CE105, Wharfedale Sapphire SP-89's and a 15" GV center in an infinite baffle Home Office: Sansui 6060, Sony CDP-C305, Original Advents |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|