Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #856  
Old 01-04-2009, 05:30 PM
Lain's Avatar
Lain Lain is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 4
Watched Peter Jackson's King Kong.

Looked and sounded great. Made me rather sad-face at the end though D:
Reply With Quote
  #857  
Old 01-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Filmboydoug's Avatar
Filmboydoug Filmboydoug is offline
Nikko Freako
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Willamette Valley
Posts: 131
The Cooler. Mediocre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lain View Post
Made me rather sad-face at the end though D:
I got dirty looks in the theatre for snickering when Jack Black said "Love killed that ape."
__________________
___________________

ACHOO!!
Reply With Quote
  #858  
Old 01-04-2009, 07:25 PM
ablethevoice's Avatar
ablethevoice ablethevoice is offline
boatanchors rule!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NW FloridHell panhandle. Ivan and Dennis survivor.
Posts: 130
I just finished watching 1408.

That was one weird film. In fact, as big a fan of Stephen King as I am, this is only the third film based on his written work that I've ever seen which I actually enjoyed.
I won't go into details, but I will say this: John Cusack absolutely carried this film. Over 70% of the screen time is him in the room alone and he made it work.

See it.
And you'll never hear the Carpenter's "We've Only Just Begun" the same again...

Kudos to King and director Mikael Håfström for this one.
Reply With Quote
  #859  
Old 01-04-2009, 07:30 PM
www.records www.records is offline
Quality over Quantity
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 7
I don't watch many movies (very little TV actually) but my wife is addicted. I bought her a BlueRay player for Christmas and bought our first BR disc a couple of days ago and watched it. The movie was CRASH. Very good movie. I had never heard of it, but for $10 (at WalMart) it was a good purchase. My wife had already seen it, but was glad to watch it again.
__________________
McIntosh MC40s
Conrad Johnson PV-10A
Altec 604-8G
Technics SP25/ATP-12T/Denon 103R
Reply With Quote
  #860  
Old 01-04-2009, 07:34 PM
jdandy jdandy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 12
The Bucket List. It was funny, and touching.
__________________
Dan

Main: McIntosh C1000P, MC501 (2), MCD500, MS750, MR85, Sonos, XLS112, PMC EB1i.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #861  
Old 01-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Andyman's Avatar
Andyman Andyman is offline
Scroungus Stereophilus
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North of Detroit, East of Grumpy. West of Kegger
Posts: 261
"The Dark Knight"

Very good all around. Ledger was excellent as The Joker and certainly deserves Oscar consideration.

Is it just me, or did others get some Andy Rooney stylings in some his monologues....
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire
Reply With Quote
  #862  
Old 01-04-2009, 09:32 PM
thisOne's Avatar
thisOne thisOne is offline
Listen...
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central NJ, USA
Posts: 26
"Slum Dog Millionaire", I thought it was a really good movie...!
__________________
Marantz=2130|3650|300DC(2)|6370Q|CD-73|170DC|2385|2285B|1250
Pioneer=RT909|RT707|SG9800|PL71(2)|CT-F1000 | JBL-L100 | JBL 4312
Technics RS 1700 | JBL 4647/2445J/3115A | C220 | MC275 | Dual 1219 | Thorens TD 124 MKII
Reply With Quote
  #863  
Old 01-04-2009, 10:31 PM
caddisgeek's Avatar
caddisgeek caddisgeek is offline
sorry.......what?
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southwest Vic, Australia
Posts: 59
Tropic Thunder - very funny
Reply With Quote
  #864  
Old 01-05-2009, 02:30 AM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
Gran Torino-Good performance by Clint Eastwood.Good,if somewhat predictable script.I really enjoyed it.
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810.
Reply With Quote
  #865  
Old 01-05-2009, 03:30 PM
JerryM's Avatar
JerryM JerryM is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 62
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Strong performances by Cate Blanchett and Brad Pitt (and terrific make-up effects.) But too long. I think at the least, some scenes of Ben and Daisy's early married life together could have been cut.
__________________
Too bad, it only seems, to happen in my dreams,
Only in dreams,
In beautiful dreams.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #866  
Old 01-05-2009, 04:13 PM
Cosmic's Avatar
Cosmic Cosmic is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 82
The Danish film "The Inheritance"
Four thumbs and several bananas...

Very powerful drama of man who inherits his father's business, and all the family problems attached to it.

Stripped down and honest, with great acting.

C.
__________________
If it's too loud, you still have your hearing.
Reply With Quote
  #867  
Old 01-05-2009, 04:24 PM
outshined's Avatar
outshined outshined is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 72
I watched a 1997 film entitled "Cube" About 5 people who suddenly find themselves in a gigantic Rubiks Cube type environment, and the different rooms are booby trapped in one way or another.

The rooms move to a different position, at certain intervals. The trick is trying to get out of the enormous cube. Not an easy task. But, the rooms are numbered, and these numbers hold the key to escape to the "outer shell."

This is an Indy film, but well worth your time. It plays on IFC from time to time. Very high production values, good acting, and a ponderable ending.
__________________


"So now you know who gets mystified"
Reply With Quote
  #868  
Old 01-05-2009, 04:27 PM
WhiteSE's Avatar
WhiteSE WhiteSE is offline
Lambda Acoustics!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Pocomoke, MD
Posts: 174
Yes Man, with Jim Carry...I enjoyed it quite a bit!!
__________________
" All I know, Is That I Know Nothing".....

Mono: Fisher 500 mono rec. w/EVRegency III, Stereo: Technics SP-10 TT, McIntosh MR-55, Pilot SA-232, JBL L-96, Pilot SA-210 pre.
In reserve: EV12trxb, EV15trx
Reply With Quote
  #869  
Old 01-05-2009, 05:36 PM
donoghue donoghue is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Home of the "Little" 500
Posts: 75
Windtalkers, I didn't learn a lot but John Woo's direction was fun and over the top. I enjoyed Adam Beech's performance. The violence and gore was crazy and the subject matter is anything but light but I was entertained despite it all.
Reply With Quote
  #870  
Old 01-05-2009, 07:50 PM
cmb3366's Avatar
cmb3366 cmb3366 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Upstate New York, close to Binghamton on I88
Posts: 8
Valkyrie

Its a different movie than I expected, very odd way of laying out a movie, but once you get to the end, you start to realize why they bothered with near an hour of back-story. Very good movie, and not overdone.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.