![]() |
|
#826
|
||||
|
||||
|
Wall-E
Kid's flick, but very satirical
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire |
|
#827
|
|||
|
|||
|
"Four Christmases" yesterday. Don't bother, IMHO. Character motivations are not well defined, pretentious skits that have little or nothing to do with main plot line. I was actually upset that I spent that much money. The bad part about it is that I just saw it hit the top boxoffice ticket sales for the weekend. Go figure.....
That was the last movie at a pay-for-a-seat movie house. I did see "A Shot in the Dark", with Peter Sellers this afternoon while keeping my grandson. It was a hoot just as I remembered it, too. Ok, call me old, but I'm getting to like the older movies anyway. Cheers, David |
|
#828
|
|||
|
|||
|
"Worlds Gratest Sinner" - Tim Carey
epic vintage cult movie nice soundtrack |
|
#829
|
||||
|
||||
|
"High Noon" last night on TCM and "To Kill A Mockingbird" this afternoon on Encore. Not that I'd never seen either one before - not by a long shot! - but it had been a long time since I'd seen either one and they were just as good today as they were so many years ago. In fact, High Noon had subtleties which I missed before. Very well-made film and interesting to see an almost unrecognizably young Harry Morgan (Cnl Potter in MASH) and Lloyd Bridges.
__________________
My original compositions on my podcast |
|
#830
|
||||
|
||||
|
The Day the Earth Stood Still. Caught the remake tonight.
I don't remember the original much. The new version wasn't what I was expecting, but it was entertaining enough. The story was more intriguing than the special effects. I did catch one major boo boo. See if you can catch it.
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#831
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#832
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yeh... oddly his "acting" fit's the omnipotent, semi-clueless alien character.
|
|
#833
|
||||
|
||||
|
The Punisher: War Zone. Save your money.
__________________
___________________ ACHOO!!
|
|
#834
|
||||
|
||||
|
Man on Wire.
Loved it.
__________________
various stuff |
|
#835
|
||||
|
||||
|
Slumdog Millionaire.Very good,clever film.
Milk.Standard biopic with political overtones.Good script,great performances all around. Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810. |
| Audiokarma |
|
#836
|
||||
|
||||
|
not a movie but a concert-
the who, 'live at kilburn 1977'. blu-ray disc thru panasonic 720p hd projector to 108" screen.
__________________
2009 MARLBORO (VT) MUSIC FESTIVAL My AKAIs/NAKs, TEAC A-6300, 3 TASCAM 122 MK IIIs, main A/V rack. |
|
#837
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yesterday at a local Hoyts, "The duchess" ( http://www.amazon.com/Duchess-Ralph-.../dp/B001L57ZZG )
|
|
#838
|
||||
|
||||
|
West Side Story followed by an indie flick "Falling Angels" on channel 13, the local PBS station.
West Side Story Falling Angels |
|
#839
|
||||
|
||||
|
"Trans Siberian" With Woody Harrell and Ben Kingsley.
Thought it was an excellent flick. Dave
__________________
McIntosh MA6900, Magnum Dynalab MD90, Musical Fidelity A3cd, Luxman PD264/ClearAudio Aurum Beta S Wood, Vandersteen 2ce Signature. Harman Kardon Citation 17, Denon POA1500, Revox A77 MkIV, Yamaha YP4B, Infinity RS7. |
|
#840
|
||||
|
||||
|
The Bank Dick. Pretty funny.
__________________
___________________ ACHOO!!
|
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|