![]() |
|
#721
|
||||
|
||||
|
Casablanca for the third time. I don't think I need to rate this one...
|
|
#722
|
||||
|
||||
|
World Without End 1956
This film looks spectacular, Cinemascope, Color and all that but the first 20 minutes play like something Ed Wood penned!
It get's better after that but it's definitely a B picture. See 4 Astronauts hurl through space in a toy spaceship, see them get caught in a sandstorm in outer space, see the flames in outer space come through the open port hole in the ship, see them crash land on the Polar Ice Cap then hike to Bronson Canyon in Los Angeles in three hours, see the rubber spiders, see the beautiful women in short skirts and high heels who populate the underground city that's decorated in ultra 50's modern. In short, it a blast to watch. |
|
#723
|
||||
|
||||
|
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Blood, what blood? .....
__________________
- In Pursuit of Bargain Fidelity in the Pacific NW |
|
#724
|
||||
|
||||
|
Peeping Tom
Creepy, unevenly acted, but interesting. je |
|
#725
|
||||
|
||||
|
Just saw The Mummy #3...I basically want those 2 hrs of my life back...I wasnt even motivated to eat my popcorn..
__________________
" All I know, Is That I Know Nothing"..... Mono: Fisher 500 mono rec. w/EVRegency III, Stereo: Technics SP-10 TT, McIntosh MR-55, Pilot SA-232, JBL L-96, Pilot SA-210 pre. In reserve: EV12trxb, EV15trx |
| Audiokarma |
|
#726
|
||||
|
||||
|
Walk Hard - The Dewy Cox Story, me and Mrs Caddis laughed so hard, a little bit of pee come out
|
|
#727
|
||||
|
||||
|
The Fallen Idol, 1948, 95 Minutes Black & White, Monaural, 1.33:1 aspect ratio.
"Elegantly balancing suspense and farce, this tale of the fraught relationship between a boy and the beloved butler he suspects of murder is a delightfully macabre thriller of the first order and a visually and verbally dazzling knockout." I recommend seeing this film.
__________________
|
|
#728
|
||||
|
||||
|
Watched Ninotchka for the umpteenth time last night. Very nice...
__________________
___________________ ACHOO!!
|
|
#729
|
||||
|
||||
|
Licence to Wed, with Robin Willaims as a minister "testing" a young couple to be sure they are ready.
one ![]() The best part of the whole movie is when the groom busts Williams in the nose. He's lucky that is all he got... Pass it up.
__________________
- Outlaw Main: 9090DB, Snell Type EIII's, Marantz 6100, TEAC PD-D2500 LR: Motorola tubes, EL84 outputs, , Dual 1019 TT, Sony CDP-CE105, Wharfedale Sapphire SP-89's and a 15" GV center in an infinite baffle Home Office: Sansui 6060, Sony CDP-C305, Original Advents |
|
#730
|
||||
|
||||
|
The Proposition - awesome Australian frontier flick. (9/10)
__________________
: JVC JL-B44 : Technics SL1300 : : Aaron CS-4 : Sansui SP50 : : Sansui AU6500 : Kenwood KA3010 : : Phillips CD100 : Tivoli Audio Model One : |
| Audiokarma |
|
#731
|
||||
|
||||
|
Cracked the seal on another shrink-wrapped LaserDisc this evening:
Red Rock West- similar to Blood Simple or Fargo, as in a nothing-is-as-it-seems mystery thriller moody movie with seventeen plot twists. Cage, Hopper, Lara Flynn Boyle. Not a bad way to spend an evening, but not as good as either of the other films I referenced. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Rock_West je |
|
#732
|
||||
|
||||
|
It wasn't very good, but I'll go see anything with Michelle Yeoh in it. I could at least eat my popcorn.
__________________
___________________ ACHOO!!
|
|
#733
|
|||
|
|||
|
10000 Bc
Just another crappy movie...
__________________
"If it's too loud, you're too old!"...Homer Jenkins |
|
#734
|
||||
|
||||
|
Casino Royale. As a lifelong Bond fan, I truly enjoyed Daniel Craig's go at the role.
Tom
__________________
Tom |
|
#735
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yeah, Craig's the best Bond in some time. Very good movie. The sequel's out this fall. First Bond sequel... didn't see Casino Royale in the theatre, got it as a gift. I'll probably take this new one in at the theatre.
|
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|