Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #661  
Old 06-30-2008, 07:08 AM
WhiteSE's Avatar
WhiteSE WhiteSE is offline
Lambda Acoustics!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Pocomoke, MD
Posts: 174
I saw Wall-E also and enjoyed it...more slap in your face about pollution and stuff...I saw Get Smart the other day and it was OK..my wife laughed more than I did/
__________________
" All I know, Is That I Know Nothing".....

Mono: Fisher 500 mono rec. w/EVRegency III, Stereo: Technics SP-10 TT, McIntosh MR-55, Pilot SA-232, JBL L-96, Pilot SA-210 pre.
In reserve: EV12trxb, EV15trx
Reply With Quote
  #662  
Old 06-30-2008, 07:27 AM
ablethevoice's Avatar
ablethevoice ablethevoice is offline
boatanchors rule!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: NW FloridHell panhandle. Ivan and Dennis survivor.
Posts: 130
It rained here yesterday. A lot. When it rains even a little bit, we lose our satellite signal. Also, when we get heavy lightning storms, we totally disconnect and unplug our computers from the wall. Out of boredom, I grabbed a VHS at random on which I had taped (but never watched) several films from TCM. Soooo, yesterday, we spent the afternoon watching Stanley Kubrick's 1962 version of LOLITA. I'm a James Mason fan anyway, so the film already had a certain appeal to me. Interesting and a little depressing but as usual for a Kubrick film, extremely well-made. We liked it.
After that was the 3rd viewing for my wife and the 9000th viewing for me (OK, I'm exaggerating) of EASY RIDER.
Reply With Quote
  #663  
Old 06-30-2008, 07:52 AM
Filmboydoug's Avatar
Filmboydoug Filmboydoug is offline
Nikko Freako
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Willamette Valley
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by onepixel View Post
Wanted

Fun, unpredictable and entertaining.
And WAAY better than I was expecting.
__________________
___________________

ACHOO!!
Reply With Quote
  #664  
Old 06-30-2008, 09:34 AM
cfranz's Avatar
cfranz cfranz is offline
Repressing my inner freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 58
Wall*E - in the theatre - Cute and trite. Entertaining, but when you leave the theatre the plot is all but instantly forgetable.

Get Smart - in the theatre - MUCH better then it had any right to be. If you loved the old series, there are plenty of fun in-jokes. If you really loath "I Love Lucy" type humor, there wasn't any.
Reply With Quote
  #665  
Old 06-30-2008, 09:38 AM
cfranz's Avatar
cfranz cfranz is offline
Repressing my inner freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by tentoze View Post
Has Swayze ever made a movie that didn't really suck?
How about:

"Red Dawn" and "Dirty Dancing"?
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #666  
Old 06-30-2008, 10:03 AM
slow_jazz's Avatar
slow_jazz slow_jazz is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SE Michigan, Downriver....
Posts: 148
I saw Wall-E last night. Visually stunning. Not quite enough comedy for me... Had a pretty serious tone I thought especially for kids..

Go see it on a DLP theater.
Reply With Quote
  #667  
Old 06-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Lady Ayeka Lady Ayeka is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 57
"the secret of NIMH" (1982) breathtaking, in every aspect. Don Bluth and his studio KNEW THEIR CRAFT.


Reply With Quote
  #668  
Old 06-30-2008, 03:15 PM
tensleep's Avatar
tensleep tensleep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Owens Crossroads, AL - relocating to Dallas in 2009
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ayeka View Post
"the secret of NIMH" (1982) breathtaking, in every aspect. Don Bluth and his studio KNEW THEIR CRAFT.
Great movie, for sure. What is your take on:

Watership Down
The Hobbit

Thx
__________________
Silence is Golden,
but Duct Tape is Silver
Reply With Quote
  #669  
Old 06-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Duane's Avatar
Duane Duane is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by ablethevoice View Post
I'm a James Mason fan anyway, so the film already had a certain appeal to me.
If you're a James Mason fan, have you had the oportunity to see Murder By Decree where he plays the role of Dr. Watson to Christopher Plummer's Sherlock Holmes. He does a very good job as Watson. Dark movie.
Reply With Quote
  #670  
Old 06-30-2008, 04:34 PM
70salesguy's Avatar
70salesguy 70salesguy is offline
Only 99 easy payments!
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Close to Charlotte NC, but not TOO close!
Posts: 109
Smile "The man is at the window"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablethevoice View Post
After that was the 3rd viewing for my wife and the 9000th viewing for me (OK, I'm exaggerating) of EASY RIDER.
That would be about right, in my opinion.

I remember well taking my girlfriend to the movie theatre to see "Easy Rider".

It made quite an impression on me and certainly was part of the influence that resulted in my purchase of a new FXE-1200 in 1977!
__________________
I'm the only one that has to like the sound of my system. But if you expect to be invited back, you better say you like the sound of my system!.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #671  
Old 06-30-2008, 06:23 PM
Lady Ayeka Lady Ayeka is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by tensleep View Post
Great movie, for sure. What is your take on:

Watership Down
The Hobbit

Thx
only one there i'm remotely fimiliar with is "The Hobbit" superb production values there as well...
Reply With Quote
  #672  
Old 06-30-2008, 08:14 PM
koseltri's Avatar
koseltri koseltri is offline
Underfunded Tinkerer
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Salem, OR USA
Posts: 13
Saw the latest Indiana Jones Crystal Skull Thing last night. It was entertaining, which is what I expected. I saw the first one, didn't like Temple of Doom at all, didn't see the one with 'Dad' Connery, so I'm no 'Indy', but it was enjoyable enough.
__________________
Scott

"Oh, a Menscher amplifier, A Rufus turntable and Palmer 2X speakers..." --Jerry Helper
Reply With Quote
  #673  
Old 06-30-2008, 11:24 PM
Harmonica's Avatar
Harmonica Harmonica is offline
Certified AK Enabler
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tensleep View Post
Great movie! I must admit, I've always had a thing for Claudia Cardinale after seeing her in this movie.
__________________
--Mike
(Always happy, never satisfied)
Reply With Quote
  #674  
Old 06-30-2008, 11:34 PM
Filmboydoug's Avatar
Filmboydoug Filmboydoug is offline
Nikko Freako
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Willamette Valley
Posts: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by tensleep View Post
Great movie! I must admit, I've always had a thing for Claudia Cardinale after seeing her in this movie.
I just saw her in The Professionals. Pretty good considering Burt Hamcaster co-starred.
__________________
___________________

ACHOO!!
Reply With Quote
  #675  
Old 06-30-2008, 11:46 PM
SpeakerLabFan's Avatar
SpeakerLabFan SpeakerLabFan is offline
cranberry sauce
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Edmonds, WA
Posts: 39
Finally sat down and watched the 1968 Steve McQueen movie - The Thomas Crowne Affair, after capturing it on the Tivo.

What a cool movie, really enjoyed the first hour with the hip daring millionaire pulling off the caper and cooly matching wits with Faye Dunaway. Cool split screen action too. Then the plot degenerates into a hokey Baretta-style cop drama. But worth a watch. Great soundtrack too with Michel Legrande's Windmills Of Your Mind

__________________

Phase Linear Andromedas
Carver Amazings,Frazier 15
McIntosh MC2205; Manley Stingray
SpeakerLab K's,Super7,3's,1's
Klipsch Forte,Heresy; Kenwood KT-9900
SansuiAU20000,9090DB,9090,8080,7070,6060,5050,G5000,AU/TU-717
JBL 4430;Thorens TD145MKII,Goldring Eroica
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.