Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 08-13-2009, 05:25 AM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Of course, the movie I see so much of in "Airplane !" is "The High & The Mighty", a 1954 potboiler w/John Wayne AND Robert Stack...
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 08-13-2009, 08:50 AM
finnbow's Avatar
finnbow finnbow is offline
The Dude Abides
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Suburban Maryland (DC)
Posts: 6
Check this out for a long list of "Airplane" quotes:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080339/quotes

And how about "Naked Gun?"
__________________
Burned out from exhaustion, buried in the hail,
Poisoned in the bushes and blown out on the trail.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 08-13-2009, 10:28 AM
bshorey's Avatar
bshorey bshorey is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Boxborough, Mass, USA
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuisis View Post
Saw Airplane the movie yesterday, do you guys think it still holds up? I laughed a lot still.
One of my all time favorites. I took me a few viewings to pick up on all the gags. I think it was my third or fourth viewing when I realized that every time you see the jet plane flying through the clouds, the sound track is a prop plane.

In Airplane II, when you see the space shuttle flying, the sound track is a jet plane..

bs
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 08-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Fred Sanford's Avatar
Fred Sanford Fred Sanford is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA
Posts: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshorey View Post
One of my all time favorites. I took me a few viewings to pick up on all the gags. I think it was my third or fourth viewing when I realized that every time you see the jet plane flying through the clouds, the sound track is a prop plane.

In Airplane II, when you see the space shuttle flying, the sound track is a jet plane..

bs
I think that's the one thing that makes me laugh the most. People think I'm crazy, until they realize what it is I'm laughing at.

OK, so I am crazy anyway.

je
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 08-13-2009, 01:13 PM
tomrich22's Avatar
tomrich22 tomrich22 is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sparta MI
Posts: 9
Airplane was a great movie. I loved Barbara Billingsley(mom on Leave it to Beaver) as the jive interpeter. That was a hoot! You also had to watch was was going on in the background. When the pilot(forgot name) was in the hospital and the nurse was dumping a quart of oil into the IV.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #51  
Old 08-13-2009, 03:20 PM
electronjohn's Avatar
electronjohn electronjohn is offline
I like....big sparks!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: minnesota
Posts: 652
"Tunnelvision" comes to mind as well. Though more a collection of sketches than a plotted movie, it has its share of laughs. I recall a bit w/a pre-SNL Chevy Chase doing a TV spot for the mail-order school of proctology or something. I also agree that it's sad a lot of movies like "Blazing Saddles" get hacked up for TV---even cable showings get the treatment. So far "Young Frankenstein" seems to have avoided mutilation.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 08-13-2009, 04:30 PM
poohsan's Avatar
poohsan poohsan is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 5,000 miles southwest of onepixel
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Cogley View Post
Gearhound, there was an Airplane II - it was set on a passenger shuttle running between Earth and the Moon. Bill Shatner was the moonbase commander. Not quite as funny as the first, but still hilarious.
"Sir, these lights are blinking out of sequence; what should we do?"
"Get them to blick IN sequence."
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHS2RT View Post
Joey --- Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

If that were put out today in movies ,Congress and the critics would have a field day.
Everyone would be screaming --Coruption of a young minor.
If you notice whenever that movie is shown on TV --most of that cockpit scene is edited out.
Where has our sense of humor gone?
James
Years ago Peter Graves was the guest host at AE's Night at the Improv (or whatever the heck it was called). In his monologue he spoke about that scene which led into his story that went something like "one day I was spotted by a lady who was a fan and she made her husband come get my autograph, which he begrudgingly did. Sensing the husband's displeasure with having to ask me for my autograph, I looked at the guy and asked him 'have you ever seen a grown man naked?' and then I signed the autograph "Leslie Nielsen'"

It was a lot funnier watching it than reading my rehash....
__________________
"Don't take life too seriously because you'll never get out of it alive" - Bugs Bunny

"Princes of Prestidigious Petrochemical Platitudes" - 'toze
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 08-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Cavity's Avatar
Cavity Cavity is offline
Unusual.
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia.
Posts: 1
In Australia Airplane was marketed as "Flying High!"
__________________
CURRENT HIFI SETUP
Turntable: Realistic LAB-395
Radio Tuner: Sansui T-80
Amplifier Receiver: Pioneer SA8800
Compact Disc Player: Technics SL-PG450
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:32 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.