Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 11-14-2008, 08:06 PM
Findm-Keepm's Avatar
Findm-Keepm Findm-Keepm is offline
Followin' the Rules...
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,857
I guess I'm a lightweight - Two Color Sets and Two Black and White Sets:

CTC-16 Roundie - gotta get my focus coil in, otherwise A-OK
GE Portacolor - trash-picked, worked without a problem!

Setchell-Carlson 19" Console BW - has AGC/Sync issue, tuner needs cleaning.
Emerson 19" Luggable - Weak sync, needs a recap.

I actually am at an equillibrium - Parts and sets take up 100% of my available space, and I can't get anymore sets without giving up some parts. Neither will likely happen for some time, or at least until my kids get out of the house in a few years.

Cheers,
__________________
Brian
USN RET 22YRS (Avionics/Cal)
CET-Consumer Repair and Avionics ('88)
"Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79"

When fuses go to work, they quit!
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-14-2008, 11:40 PM
Arkay's Avatar
Arkay Arkay is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 225
Flyweight here! I have eight televisions, if you include the only-13-years-old B&O that is my "daily watcher". Three of them are Phillips Discoverers, and three others are small (14" or below) models. None of the really nice big ones like the DuMonts or Predictas, etc... not because I don't want them, but because (1) they are very hard to find here, even in the wholesale places (all long gone?), and (2) I just don't have the space for them. I live in a modest downtown Hong Kong apartment, so amassing dozens of televisions is pretty much out of the question, let alone 100+ ...but I have managed to amass over 100 pieces of audio components (receivers, amps), since they are smaller and stack up much better! Even that number I'm gradually decreasing, though; space is just too big an issue to collect many of anything here.

I still like to read this forum, though, and if I ever move to a more suitable location for it, I'll definitely be on the hunt for a few nice vintage televisions! I'm collecting them in spirit, you might say, even if not in fact.
__________________
Be yourself. Everyone else is taken.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 11-19-2008, 05:57 PM
truetone36's Avatar
truetone36 truetone36 is offline
electronics packrat
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Trumann, AR.
Posts: 942
Sets keep following me home....
Since my last post I've got the following
early 70's 14" Zenith B/W solid state
Admiral Era II 25" console
another 50's RCA B/W tabletop set
Silvertone 23" tube color console
2 Zenith CC2 consoles
late 60's 19" B/W tube Zenith

That brings the count at home to 40 sets, with still many more waiting to be brought home. I'm glad I've got a lot of room!
__________________
Dumont-First with the finest in television.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 11-19-2008, 07:34 PM
NowhereMan 1966's Avatar
NowhereMan 1966 NowhereMan 1966 is offline
Slave to 1 Cat
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Tiltonsville, OH
Posts: 888
OK here goes:

1964 Sony VT-110 9/10 inch B&W portable TV/VTR monitor - computer room TV with a Zenith DTT-900 ATSC tuner
1970 Zenith Chromacolor 23 inch, Boyden model, needs fixed
1975 RCA B&W 12 inch portable
1979/80 RCA XL100 19 inch - needs fixed
1982 Zenith System III, 25 inch, daily watcher since February of 1983, has a Zenith DTT-901 tuner.
1984 Commodore 13 inch monitor, not a TV but pressed into service as one with a DTT-900 ASTC tuner. I only get ATSC TV on that one. My room TV.
1998 Zenith BPC 19 inch, backup TV.
__________________
Mom (1938 - 2013) - RIP, I miss you
Spunky, (1999 - 2016) - RIP, pretty girl!
Rascal, (2007 - 2021) RIP, miss you very much
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 11-20-2008, 09:25 PM
bgadow's Avatar
bgadow bgadow is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Federalsburg, MD
Posts: 5,865
truetone, I was wondering if anyone would ever find an 'Era II'. Up in the attic I have a chassis out of one, found at a defunct Admiral dealer. Never seen one up and running.
__________________
Bryan
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #51  
Old 11-21-2008, 05:02 PM
RobtWB's Avatar
RobtWB RobtWB is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Harrisburg, Illinois
Posts: 424
Smile

Hello
Currently have 15 sets that I can think of off the top of my head. 10 of the sets are "saved" sets.
~ 1958 Silvertone Suburbanite b/w console needs a good cleaning
1963 Zenith b/w console - thanks Doug from Batavia
1967 Zenith color console -
1982 RCA XL100 console - gorgeous cabinet but alas the CRT is getting weak
1984 RCA XL100 console - still with original remote, perfect cabinet
1994 RCA ColorTrak - CTC 177 - yes the tuner has been resoldered and needs resoldering again
~1986 Curtis Mathes console (really an NEC tv in a CM cabinet) replaced flyback - works perfect - original remote - picked up at an estate sale for 10$ - the plastic wood grain console is so damned ugly it makes it beautiful -
an old Zenith suitcase portable, turquoise and cream I believe, but the CRT is open to air
80's vintage Emerson 13" color set - needs work
1969-1970ish Heathkit 19" table top solid state - unbelievably heavy set
1991 Panasonic 19" table top - lots of hours and still a great picture - needs battery replaced - clock no longer keeps time - purchased new by me in 91
Fisher 20" table top probably early 90's set - amazing color!! - like and old Zenith
1970 Zenith b/w 11" portable, filthy dirty but worls great
88 Zenith System 3 20" table top - a great find at an estate sale for 25$ - looks and plays as new -
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.