Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Andyman's Avatar
Andyman Andyman is offline
Scroungus Stereophilus
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North of Detroit, East of Grumpy. West of Kegger
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by onepixel
I just saw it. The best Bond movie in 30 years.
Amen Brother!!

Just got back from seeing it at the $1.50 matinee and can't say enough good about it. My only concern is how do they top it w/o falling victim to the excesses the series just seemed to overcome???

Craig was excellent and gets right up there w/ Connery

Go see it!!!!!
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 12-09-2007, 09:26 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Had to dig this thread up. Bought Casino Royale & finally got around to watching it again last night. It was as much fun as the first time I saw it.

During the scene where Bond is at the Miami International Airport, he follows a terrorist through security. Very briefly you see another man being wanded...

It is Sir Richard Branson!

__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 12-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Tom Brennan's Avatar
Tom Brennan Tom Brennan is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chicago
Posts: 108
I thought Craig was good as was the way the Bond character was written. The picture itself is only good for one viewing though IMO&E; first viewing was enjoyable but second viewing induced drowsiness.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 12-10-2007, 10:18 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Brennan View Post
I thought Craig was good as was the way the Bond character was written. The picture itself is only good for one viewing though IMO&E; first viewing was enjoyable but second viewing induced drowsiness.
I enjoyed it the second time around & will again I am sure. The opening chase sequence was fantastic. I had pretty much given up on Bond after "Diamonds are Forever" (dreadful). Oh yeah, there were some enjoyable ones along the way for sure but this iteration came very close to "From Russia with Love" for me. I didn't buy Craig at all in the role when I read that he got the part. After Casino Royale however, he owns it and picks up the mantle from Connery quite satisfactorily IMHO.
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 12-10-2007, 11:32 AM
cfranz's Avatar
cfranz cfranz is offline
Repressing my inner freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 58
Action sequences were really wild. Romance scenes were indifferent. The rest of it, he was competent to good.

As for the movie itself, I give it 3 to 3 1/2 stars. It was well made and his co-stars were very good. The scene of Bond being tortured is worth the money alone.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:29 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.