Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 06-04-2006, 04:10 PM
markdi markdi is offline
markdi
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: portland oregon
Posts: 232
what I want to know is

when will they make a movie where the aliens win ?
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-04-2006, 04:14 PM
FlorianW
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdi
what I want to know is

when will they make a movie where the aliens win ?
So true!

This is why i loved the beginning of the "Hitchikers Guide Trough the Galaxy" (Sorry i dont know exactly how to spell it in english).

The earth is in the way and they just blow it up. Simply, its in the way....


Awsome!

But the rest of the movie sucked
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-14-2006, 12:15 AM
danj's Avatar
danj danj is offline
modern primitive
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Western Oregon
Posts: 87
It was bad but far from the worst I've ever seen. I did appreciate some of the homage paid to George Pal's version and the SFX, while there was far too much of it, was well done.

One a scale of 1 to 10 I would give Spielberg's "War of the Worlds" a 5.

Since "Mars Attacks", a movie of which I am a huge fan, I have been unable to watch any movie with evil aliens without hearing "Indian Love Call" somewhere in the depths of my sick mind.
__________________
The older I get the more I like my T90
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-14-2006, 04:22 AM
ikia789
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Hitchikers Guide through the Galaxy is somehow hilarious... Yeah me too I'm giving "War of the Worlds" a 5... when I saw the previews I thought it was a great movie but hell no! lol

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://mydvdreviews.com
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Cleve's Avatar
Cleve Cleve is offline
VK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Dalton, NY
Posts: 40
I did watch a friend's DVD of WOTW a couple weeks ago. Thankfully, I found no evidence of Cruise-injected wacky Scientology stuff buried in the script - except possibly that plot point that the aliens had come to earth millenia ago and planted their invasion machines thousands of years ahead of time.

But like most Spielberg movies, it had the requisite sappy happy ending which I always find incredibly grating. And for me - the movie's worst sin - the battle scenes didn't happen onscreen. Not much "war" in WOTW.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by charminator777
GIVE ME A BIG AMP IN WOOD OR A REEL TO REEL I CANT PICK UP ANYDAY OVER ALL THAT JUNK AT CIRCUIT CITY AND RADIO SHAK
CHARMAINE
Char - RIP - 3-24-2006
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.