Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-08-2006, 10:49 PM
goldear's Avatar
goldear goldear is offline
Certifiable Audio Junkie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 32
Ok, who else here is totally relieved that the Doctor didn't take that stupid boyfriend character as another assitant in the latest episode?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-08-2006, 11:36 PM
Crotalus's Avatar
Crotalus Crotalus is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Kansas City, MO.
Posts: 6
Here, here. I was very relieved and I actually liked the way they tied up that part of the story. Having that boyfriend around would've made everything uncomfortable.

Now with earth left behind I can't wait to see things really open up. The Daleks and the Master are on their way....
__________________
Main System: Sansui AU-717 (EW restored), Linaeum LS-2's, Polk PSW-202 Sub
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 05-08-2006, 02:10 AM
goldear's Avatar
goldear goldear is offline
Certifiable Audio Junkie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 32
What did the rest of you guys think of the latest Episode (the one with all the people with the gas masks)? I thought that it was really great!

It's interesting: It looks like they may be taking the show in a different direction with some new authority who has replaced the Timelords. How do some of you old time whovians react to this?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 05-08-2006, 07:10 AM
dr*audio's Avatar
dr*audio dr*audio is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 93
This is one of the best stories of the 2005 series. Very imaginative! The Time Police? I think they are from Earth of the future. Since the Timelords are dead, it would be good for them to bring the Time Police in on a few stories. Should be interesting.
__________________
Warren

"No choice for sugar, but what choice could there be,
But to drown in coffee, or drown in tea?"
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 05-08-2006, 11:48 AM
goldear's Avatar
goldear goldear is offline
Certifiable Audio Junkie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 32
I agree. This was far and away the best episode of the new series so far. And I can't help but wonder if the Doctor is going to be getting himself into trouble with this new time authority like he was regularly doing with the Timelords....
__________________
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #36  
Old 08-20-2008, 04:28 AM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,383
I'm resurrecting another old thread because I can't sleep, and I'm sitting here reading old threads. I was just watching old dr. who episodes on youtube, and I realized I had forgotten how much I liked this show. I liked the first 5 doctors (particularly 1-3), didn't like #6, #7 was ok. #3 was my favorite, particularly when he was stuck on Earth, and had that old yellow car (I don't remember what it was), and couldn't get his tardis working. How much of the old shows are out on DVD now? I've never looked at the new ones, I've avoided it because it seems everytime they redo one of these old sci-fi series they can't get it right.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-02-2008, 05:25 PM
sqdlvr's Avatar
sqdlvr sqdlvr is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 10
All I can say is Dr. Who rocks...This last season will be out on DVD sometime in Nov. I have the other 3 and can't wait for this one...I don't know if the Christmas Special the one with the Titanic and Kylie Minogue guest starring will be on it. I hope so as the previous DVDs always included the Xmas specials.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.