![]() |
|
#31
|
|||
|
|||
|
Check out " Saints and Soidiers" fairly new excellent war flick based on a true story during the Battle of the Bulge. Won a bunch of awards. One of the very best I have every seen.
|
|
#32
|
|||
|
|||
|
Sorry it's " Saints and Soldiers" excellent war flick.
|
|
#33
|
|||
|
|||
|
TAE GUK GI a (Korean release 2005)- BATTLE OF BRITIAN - SAVING PVT. RYAN- BRIDGE ON THE RIVER KWAI- THE STORY OF GI JOE (BURGESS MERIDETH)-WE WERE SOLDIERS-APOCALYPSE NOW-THE DOGS OF WAR-DEER HUNTER-GETTYSBURG-DAS BOOT-BLACK HAWK DOWN-LOST BATTALION-ScHLINDERS LIST-THE PIANIST(TRUE STORY)-HAMBURGERHILL-AND SO MANY MORE
|
|
#34
|
||||
|
||||
|
Das Boot letter box in German with subtitles. I took two years of German in high skool, years ago, only pulled a C both years, but I'm always amazed at how well I understand the dialog. The subtitles almost seem to disappear.
I'm a sucker for pretty much any submarine movie. I must be agoraphobic. Love those tight warm humid little closed-in stanky dark spaces ; )
__________________
Why should the kids have all the fun? |
|
#35
|
|||
|
|||
|
King Rat was great. They never show it though.
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#36
|
||||
|
||||
|
Let's slip back to the Napoleonic Wars:
"Master and Commander" Great 5.1 sound effects. |
|
#37
|
||||
|
||||
|
King Rat
They showed King Rat on one of the satillite movie channels maybe 6 months ago. But like a dope, I didn't tape it.
__________________
gas anyone? |
|
#38
|
|||
|
|||
|
King Rat was adapted from a very good book by James Clavell,of "Shogun" fame.Lotsa good books to read in that list of movies.David
|
|
#39
|
|||
|
|||
|
Most of my faves have already been listed:
Band of Brothers Apocalypse Now Full Metal Jacket Patton Das Boot Lost Battalion Lawrence of Arabia-a personal favorite World at War-I have the DVD boxed set, its outstanding!!! I haven't seen the Red Badge of Courage, I saw a doc on Huston and the film 75?minutes was originally much longer until studio butchered it. Sad considering the uncut original (which is gone forever) was considered a masterpiece by those who saw it(or such was my impression). Also love some Japanese films Kurosawa-Ran & Kagemusha Under the Flag of the Rising Sun--Fukasaku--just watched last night, over the top in places & difficult to watch in spots, the way a war film should be |
|
#40
|
||||
|
||||
|
Would Failsafe count? I like that show a lot.
I know it wasn't the entire focus of the film, but the battle scenes in Braveheart were awesome. Ditto on Gladiator. When PBS had Matinee at the Bijou, they ran the original documentary about Memphis Belle's last mission. That was great.
__________________
Here's to loud things that sound good, and things that sound good loud! Whiskeyrebel |
| Audiokarma |
|
#41
|
|||
|
|||
|
1. Kelly's Heroes
2. Patton 3. All Quiet on the Western Front (original version) 4. Dr. Strangelove 5. We were Soldiers Honorable 6. Tora, Tora, Tora 7 Apocalypse Now 8. MASH 9. Dirty Dozen 10 (tie) Saving Private Ryan / U-571 |
|
#42
|
||||
|
||||
|
Doc Strangelove
1941 MASH Slaughterhouse 5 Starship Troopers |
|
#43
|
||||
|
||||
|
I tend to like the ones with the more explicit anti-war message:
Paths of Glory Johnny Got His Gun Born on the Fourth of July Platoon Dr. Strangelove |
|
#44
|
||||
|
||||
|
Die Brücke (the bridge)
Full Metal Jacket The Great Escape The Young Lions Dr. Strangelove
__________________
Jonty It is impossible to build a fool proof system; because fools are so ingenious. |
|
#45
|
||||
|
||||
|
My Top 5 war films:
"A walk In The Sun" Dana Andrews,Richard Conti,Etc. 1945 "To Hell and Back" Audie Murphy 1955 "Porkchop Hill" Gregory Peck, 1959 "Here To Eternity" Burt Lancaster, Montgomery Cliff, 1953 "Saving Private Ryan" Tom Hanks 1998 There are too many more to choose from... John. |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|