Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 08-30-2010, 02:50 AM
AUdubon5425's Avatar
AUdubon5425 AUdubon5425 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Picayune, Miss.
Posts: 1,769
Well, that was a popular sentiment of the generations who went through the Korean War (and Vietnam too.)

Today, I wish I had a CHOICE when it comes to purchasing certain items.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 08-30-2010, 01:22 PM
holmesuser01's Avatar
holmesuser01 holmesuser01 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Asheville NC
Posts: 1,731
I watched a couple of original 1968 episodes of 5-0 this morning (Monday) on the Spike channel.

They look great.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 08-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Kalamazoo-DJ's Avatar
Kalamazoo-DJ Kalamazoo-DJ is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kalamazoo Michigan Area
Posts: 342
I didnt know it was playing on Spike, good to know!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 08-30-2010, 05:03 PM
holmesuser01's Avatar
holmesuser01 holmesuser01 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Asheville NC
Posts: 1,731
Sure thing. I didnt know it either. I just stopped there while channel surfing, which I do more than I watch shows.... Danged old commercials!!!

Bruce
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 09-19-2010, 11:20 AM
Kalamazoo-DJ's Avatar
Kalamazoo-DJ Kalamazoo-DJ is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kalamazoo Michigan Area
Posts: 342
Tomorrow night I plan to watch the new 50 and then right afterward I plan to watch the first episode of season 8. I am very curious to see the reflection or non reflection of the original. It makes me wonder if the scenes will be interchanged with a HPD Crown vic morphing into a HPD police Charger from time to time in a single chase.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #36  
Old 09-20-2010, 10:21 PM
Kalamazoo-DJ's Avatar
Kalamazoo-DJ Kalamazoo-DJ is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kalamazoo Michigan Area
Posts: 342
UGh well the 74 mercury made a debut, after that one and only original moment it was a cross between.... Rambo....Fast and the Furious...Jerry Springer. Failure is imminent for this sad remake if it remains written much the same.
The villan was only visible for about 3 minutes and the rest was disrespectful bitching from the Governor on down to Kono punching someone for knocking HER off a surfboard by accident. Then right on to Dano hitting someone with an ashtray and bitching at his ex wife on a cell phone while power sliding on a dock to capture the villan we never even seen. They should have named it " the A Team gets PMS and ADHD" Or better yet poor results from mixing monster drinks with Ak47's in Hawaii. Sorry boys this isnt going to get it!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 09-24-2010, 08:38 AM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,383
I forgot about this, but it looks like I didn't miss much. I have yet to see a remake of an old show I thought was as good as the original. Oh well, I only have 3 of the original seasons on dvd, there's still probably plenty of it I've never seen.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 05-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Kalamazoo-DJ's Avatar
Kalamazoo-DJ Kalamazoo-DJ is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kalamazoo Michigan Area
Posts: 342
I have grabbed some shows since its beginning and it seems to be getting a bit better or it just takes a while to separate it from the original, I could still use less camera shaking in car chases and quick jerky cut scenes but it my come around to be something worth watching
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 05-15-2011, 11:08 AM
GeorgeJetson's Avatar
GeorgeJetson GeorgeJetson is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The future (circa 1957-1961)
Posts: 443
For anyone wondering what became of McGarrets Mercury

http://www.mjq.net/fiveo/50mercury.htm
__________________
No wonder this circuit failed,it says "made in Japan"!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 05-15-2011, 11:16 AM
GeorgeJetson's Avatar
GeorgeJetson GeorgeJetson is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The future (circa 1957-1961)
Posts: 443
Personally I have no interest in seeing a modern day remake of Hawaii 5-0.

You know it's never going to live up to the original,It won't be set in the 60's or 70's and without Jack Lord it won't be Steve McGarret.

I wish they'd stop with the remakes already and actually come up with something new and of value.

Hollywood is so creatively bankrupt that they just keep trotting out one remake after the other.
Did we really need an A team remake,a charlies angels remake,a bewitched remake,a scooby doo remake,a knight rider remake,a green hornet remake,a stupid cg Yogi Bear remake (with modern "star" voice actors) how about the Alvin & the Chipmunks remake with the poster that has them dressed like ghetto thugs with "hoodies" and gold chains?...come on guys! Enough already!
If nobody creates anything new what will future generations rip off and remake?

Now they are talking about Quantum Leap and Magnum P.I. remakes and a computer animated Smurfs movie!
__________________
No wonder this circuit failed,it says "made in Japan"!

Last edited by GeorgeJetson; 05-15-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #41  
Old 05-15-2011, 11:31 AM
GeorgeJetson's Avatar
GeorgeJetson GeorgeJetson is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The future (circa 1957-1961)
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G View Post
I honestly even wonder if Hollywood/the music industry is CAPABLE of producing orchestrations or music to the same level as it was before they had all these gee-whiz doo-dads to play with...
That's very true,the background music on five o was fantastic,
Morton Stevens used to be Sammy Davis jrs arranger,he also worked on "the wild,wild west"
We don't often hear orchestral scores on television programs today.
__________________
No wonder this circuit failed,it says "made in Japan"!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 05-16-2011, 04:39 PM
Kalamazoo-DJ's Avatar
Kalamazoo-DJ Kalamazoo-DJ is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kalamazoo Michigan Area
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeJetson View Post
For anyone wondering what became of McGarrets Mercury

http://www.mjq.net/fiveo/50mercury.htm
That is pretty cool not far from home after all, From season 1 DVD,
Duke actually owns the 1974 Mercury now or did at least own it at the time of re-union filming.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 05-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Kalamazoo-DJ's Avatar
Kalamazoo-DJ Kalamazoo-DJ is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Kalamazoo Michigan Area
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeJetson View Post
That's very true,the background music on five o was fantastic,
Morton Stevens used to be Sammy Davis jrs arranger,he also worked on "the wild,wild west"
We don't often hear orchestral scores on television programs today.
On the premiere of Gen 2, the theme music was a total mess of the original and I played both the gen 2 season finale and the gen 2 premiere they are very different, the finale has the original music score but of course nothing like Gen1 but at least it can be identified as Hawaii Five-0 now so I think they might be getting the hint.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:18 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.