Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 01-24-2009, 12:29 PM
peverett peverett is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 883
I live about 30 miles from all of our local transmitters. In good weather, I have now trouble getting ota DTV from all the local networks, even with the lower power being transmitted now.

However, let a thunderstorm enter the area and all bets are off. Picture freezng, sound quitting, rampant on all channels. This is another disaster waiting to happen, at least in tornado alley.

I did read that in the UK, when the switch was made, people who could not receive ota DTV due to their location were offered free satellite TV. I do not see why we do not do that here with Qualcomm, AT&T,Verizon, etc footing the bill. This sould be only fair as these companies are planning to benefit from the analog TV spectrum.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.