![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
I've seen artists sell a lot worse "art" for a lot more money.
You all may not see what he does, or see what the person that wants to buy it sees, but so long as it makes the person that buys it happy, and the artist happy for knowing someone appreciates his work, who are we to judge them? If you were an artist, wouldn't you want others to appreciate your ideas? I actually think it's a pretty creative idea, and if it was done by Andy Warhol or someone similar, I bet a lot of you would all probably be wishing you could afford it...
__________________
Big ass speakers with too much power, and nowhere to go fast... Altec A7-500; Peavey SUB118-HC Modded Quicksilver 8417 Mono Amps; Tapco J1400 Behringer MX2004X; Tapco T-231; Peavey VSX; Pioneer SR-303 Technics SL-1200MKII; Pioneer RT-701; Yamaha CDX-1030; KLH Model 18 |
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
I bought two.
|
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
"I can deliver up to 500 miles" because he doesn't have to show up to a "job" or have "responsibilities".
I am certain he has made comments like, "Sorry ma, cant paint the garage today. I am making a statement about society here"
__________________
The large print giveth and the small print taketh away. * "Step Right Up", Small Change (1976)- TOM WAITS |
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
I'm sorry, but it really bothers me to see people bash an artist.. We may not agree with what they do, or what they charge for their "art", but at least they are trying to get people to open their eyes and minds to think.. Just like the music we listen to, which we do pay a lot for some times...
AK - All Audio, No Attitude - Because Music Matters Personally, unless he was a super well known and famous artist, I wound't pay his price, but I do find his idea true art..
__________________
Big ass speakers with too much power, and nowhere to go fast... Altec A7-500; Peavey SUB118-HC Modded Quicksilver 8417 Mono Amps; Tapco J1400 Behringer MX2004X; Tapco T-231; Peavey VSX; Pioneer SR-303 Technics SL-1200MKII; Pioneer RT-701; Yamaha CDX-1030; KLH Model 18 |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hey, the seller of this auction is the same guy who bought that mint restored CT-100 that was on the bay earlier this year. He said he had special plans for it.......
Does anyone remember that goofy pink and blue or whatever zenith TV that some guy gutted and painted a picture of lucy ball on? This was a few years back, but it was another totally off the wall idea. |
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Would that mean that there is now 1 less CT-100 in the world ![]() ![]()
|
|
#7
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
Reality shows? Give me a break. If you are entertained by that kind of program (and it is indeed your right) then all I can say is that you are very EASILY entertained. Even football pregame is so hyped up. "Well Jimmy...who do you think should be the starting quarterback for the......who cares what Jimmy thinks! He is not the coach so it really does not matter. It is totally mindless. How can we bend this insignificant matter into an hour, or day, or week of drama.Now where is my PLAYSTATION 5...I just have to get to level 73 of "DEATHMARCH" if I am ever going to get some sleep. |
|
#8
|
|||
|
|||
|
I would consider myself an artist. When I produce or perform art I expect people to think or say whatever they want. If they want to rip on me ....go for it. I am only doing it to stroke my ego like all other artists. What this fellow had in mind who knows??? Who cares?? Apparently some do. Good for them. As for me I'll make fun of it. It makes me feel better. And that's all that counts in this relativism self centered society. I think true art makes one happy and helps one not to think. Thinking hurts and so does post and Justice for all Mettalica. Feel free to rip on me. IDGAF
![]() I would still like to know what kind of fruit he is? ![]() I suppose this thread is reaching its end....... |
|
#9
|
||||
|
||||
|
All I can say is if he can get the money he's smarter than all of us. Who knows, maybe Bill Gates see's his art and says, "Dang, I need four of these!" and writes him a big check. Andy Worhol painted soup can labels and made millions. It's a funny world indeed.
|
|
#10
|
||||
|
||||
|
It's one thing to critique a person's work, it's another to attack their character..
__________________
Big ass speakers with too much power, and nowhere to go fast... Altec A7-500; Peavey SUB118-HC Modded Quicksilver 8417 Mono Amps; Tapco J1400 Behringer MX2004X; Tapco T-231; Peavey VSX; Pioneer SR-303 Technics SL-1200MKII; Pioneer RT-701; Yamaha CDX-1030; KLH Model 18 |
| Audiokarma |
|
#11
|
||||
|
||||
|
He wanted to make a statement, and he did. Here we all are, talking about it.
Welll, nobody has mentioned how empty TV is these days though...
__________________
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you wanted. |
|
#12
|
||||
|
||||
|
I bet he is a tomato.
__________________
The large print giveth and the small print taketh away. * "Step Right Up", Small Change (1976)- TOM WAITS |
|
#13
|
|||
|
|||
|
I think perhaps he is making fun of artists and art. But then again maybe not....
As far as Character I have nothing to go on so I couldn't say. At this point I agree attacking his Character is out. But by being an artist, the season in open on their mental state! Could be Bauler! Tomato is a fruit! |
|
#14
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hey, this is a free country...You can do that, as long as you ain't hurtin' anybody else. Personally, I hate to see an old TV get trashed like that, but...Maybe the CRT was busted in it, or it was otherwise too far gone to fix. That makes it a lot less bad-and who knows, maybe somebody w/more money than sense will get this & enjoy it ?
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#15
|
||||
|
||||
|
uuhhmmm .. seems madness to a request so high. however art is priceless!
|
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|