![]() |
|
#31
|
||||
|
||||
|
Have a small collection (just under 100) and a half decent Pioneer player.
No complaints from the performance standpoint.
__________________
Probably one of TWENTY living breathing fans of old Radio Shack / Realistic equipment! Our ranks are growing! Watch out McIntosh users! |
|
#32
|
||||
|
||||
|
Laser was actually around for several years before the RCA system.
|
|
#33
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hey thank You everyone for your feedback on my Laserdsic thread. Now I don't feel like the odd man out knowing that they STILL are da bomb! I will most likely NEVER give up any of mine. They still make you feel like you are part of the movie with the big jackets, gatefolds, artwork and literature that no DVD will ever match.
__________________
|
|
#34
|
|||
|
|||
|
I think the LD was introduced in 79 making it older then the CD.
|
|
#35
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hey Dynacoman
Quote:
__________________
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#36
|
||||
|
||||
|
I've been a participant with this format since the early 80's.My first player was an LD-700. Have gone through many Pioneer players since, including a CLD-3070,CLD-3090,LD-S1,CLD-97 and 2 CLD-95s. I've finally sold the LD-S1 ,1 of the CLD-95s and the CLD-97 but have kept the other 95.Just love this player.
Lots of discs over the years and,to be honest, I go in spurts as to watching them. They've always reminded me of shiny LPs and the jackets are way better than LP covers,IMO. Even tho' the newer video formats provide better resolution, isn't it wonderful that you can start watching a movie or music video immediately vs. having to wade through menus and menutia to do the same for DVD and the rediculously slow Blu-Ray..Laserdisc was a videophile format,pure and simple,not to mention uncompressed audio. |
|
#37
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
The HD format in Japan was called "MUSE", and the players that handled it best include the HLD-X0 and HLD-X9, the latter being arguably the best LD player ever made, period. It's narrow red laser cuts through and reads most scratched and dirty disks, even, and its comb filtering and such was a technological breakthrough well beyond that in ordinary players. Although I have three X1s (an almost-alike version was released as the S2 in the States), which are "almost" as good (and run circles around ordinary LD players), I still kick myself for passing up a shot at an X9. Maybe I'll get another chance one day...it really is the "holy grail" of the LD world. |
|
#38
|
||||
|
||||
|
I've got 5 laser disc players (some play both sides without removing the disc)and about 100 different titles...always looking out for more. I jumped on the band wagon when they came out and enjoy watching some of the odd titles.
__________________
Preserving the Acoustic Research brand one piece at a time. |
|
#39
|
||||
|
||||
|
yep still got 2 a sony mdp 333 (p.o.s) and a pioneer dvl 700, only have a few disc left though,mostly concert stuff that has not come out on dvd and the one movie that will probably never come out on dvd "Howard The Duck"!!!
|
|
#40
|
||||
|
||||
|
Finally got the RF/AC3 out working, by picking up an H/K ADP303. Tested with Top Gun and True Lies, works great.
Watched the original Jaws today just for kicks. je |
| Audiokarma |
|
#41
|
||||
|
||||
|
I have a Pioneer CLD-1070 in good working condition.
Now, your not going to believe this! I have what I believe to be one of the first machines out. I got it around 1981 from a GM dealership I worked at. They were retiring it from the training department (that usually takes several years) this thing is huge & heavy. LOL! I even have a few of the training disc. I’ll have to dig it out of the basement & see what make & model, maybe a date.Jon
__________________
Jazz & Classical for me Wires make a Difference. |
|
#42
|
||||
|
||||
|
Pioneer CLD 2090 here (I think that's it), with about a dozen titles maybe. I like it, but haven't found too many used discs out there.
Mike
__________________
|
|
#43
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I sent you a PM. Thanks Robert |
|
#44
|
||||
|
||||
|
I got a huge and HEAVY Pioneer CLD laserdisc player from GW for $20, carried it home, didn't have a car. http://thevintageknob.org/VIDEO/CLD900/CLD900.html
Skipped kind of bad and had some big scratches on it. So I got rid of it on Craigslist for free. Well that was long after I got a Pioneer CLD-M90 player from Craigslist too for $50 that also doubles as a 5 disc CD player (although it is one bit, and doesn't sound the best) And that came with about 12 laserdiscs. Its all about the minidiscs though! |
|
#45
|
|||
|
|||
|
Quote:
![]() ![]() ![]() I've got 5 players and maybe a couple hundred discs. Only one player works real well though. |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|