Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-27-2008, 12:04 PM
kx250rider's Avatar
kx250rider kx250rider is offline
REAL TVs have TUBES!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles & Dallas
Posts: 3,239
That's a good tube too A68KZJ50X... I think '94 was the first year they used that one to replace the AWFUL A68JMT50X that was in the early 27" sets.

Charles
__________________
Collecting & restoring TVs in Los Angeles since age 10
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-06-2008, 11:59 PM
freakaftr8's Avatar
freakaftr8 freakaftr8 is offline
Convergence freak!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Folsom, CA (no not in the prison)
Posts: 1,778
Chassis?

Hey guys, just giving this thread a nudge, Charles, did you ever find out if you had a chassis for a kv-27v10?
I've about givin up on this chassis, Raster (and full with g2 turned up) but R643 gets really hot and the retrace lines are bowed in on the center of the screen about 2".



Quote:
Originally Posted by kx250rider View Post
That's a good tube too A68KZJ50X... I think '94 was the first year they used that one to replace the AWFUL A68JMT50X that was in the early 27" sets.

Charles
__________________
Honey, turn on the tv.. I'm cold!
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-07-2008, 10:48 AM
kx250rider's Avatar
kx250rider kx250rider is offline
REAL TVs have TUBES!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles & Dallas
Posts: 3,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by freakaftr8 View Post
Hey guys, just giving this thread a nudge, Charles, did you ever find out if you had a chassis for a kv-27v10?
I've about givin up on this chassis, Raster (and full with g2 turned up) but R643 gets really hot and the retrace lines are bowed in on the center of the screen about 2".
Sorry I dropped the ball on that... We had a sudden family problem come up, and I never went down to Bob's place to see if he has one. However, I'll call him today and ask him. I'm sure he does, unless he recently did a big throw-away campaign. And he owes us a favor lately because my girlfriend re-did his business software for him.

Charles
__________________
Collecting & restoring TVs in Los Angeles since age 10
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-14-2008, 10:52 AM
freakaftr8's Avatar
freakaftr8 freakaftr8 is offline
Convergence freak!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Folsom, CA (no not in the prison)
Posts: 1,778
Oops...

Hey guys, scrap this one... Sadly, I had this set on my bench and my dog somehow wpapped the cord around his leg, (the back was off the set) DOWN CAME THE SET AND SHATTERED THE CRT NECK! Needless to say the set is now rendered useless, the board cracked in 3 peices as well. My dog is fine, a little shaken up. Thanks for all your effort guys. Looks like ill be buying my mom a new one.




Quote:
Originally Posted by kx250rider View Post
Sorry I dropped the ball on that... We had a sudden family problem come up, and I never went down to Bob's place to see if he has one. However, I'll call him today and ask him. I'm sure he does, unless he recently did a big throw-away campaign. And he owes us a favor lately because my girlfriend re-did his business software for him.

Charles
__________________
Honey, turn on the tv.. I'm cold!
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-14-2008, 11:27 AM
radiotvnut's Avatar
radiotvnut radiotvnut is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Meridian, MS
Posts: 6,025
I hate that happened; but, better the set get destroyed than the dog. Save those boards. You never know what you may need one day.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #36  
Old 03-14-2008, 12:04 PM
kx250rider's Avatar
kx250rider kx250rider is offline
REAL TVs have TUBES!
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Los Angeles & Dallas
Posts: 3,239
So the dog is OK? I hope so... Sorry that happened. I would unsolder and save the tuner, and definitely the flyback and the HOT and the 2SC4834s. You WILL find another set like that at the curb soon, and it will be a quick fix with those parts.

Charles
__________________
Collecting & restoring TVs in Los Angeles since age 10
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.