Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 02-06-2008, 12:11 AM
Jamison Jamison is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 23
heck what the $#@$@ ever happened to looney tunes.... now thats classic tv for warped minds lol.
__________________
" life is like a jar of jalopenas - you never know when its going to burn your ass"
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-06-2008, 12:21 AM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
Im a big Bananas In Pajamas fan,myself.
Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-06-2008, 01:34 AM
ProAc_Fan's Avatar
ProAc_Fan ProAc_Fan is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Niagara Falls,Ontario
Posts: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamison View Post
heck what the $#@$@ ever happened to looney tunes.... now thats classic tv for warped minds lol.
Can't speak for US based television providers but here we have a Retro Toon station that plays the classic Loony Tunes cartoons everyday. Along with such classics as The Flintstones, The Jetsons, Yogi Bear, etc.


Mike
__________________
Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a moron.




Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-06-2008, 01:43 AM
Excumbrian's Avatar
Excumbrian Excumbrian is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: North Delta, BC, Canada
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
J & K,

The idea that 'adults' are watching, and claiming to enjoy, something that is psychologically tailored to 2-3 year olds I find somewhat disturbing.
And yet, you think I am the one who is completely off base for mentioning it.....

Secondly, somehow, because I never had the desire to have kids, all of a sudden I am considered unsympathetic and my general happiness is called into question for posting something to that effect....

Jack, glad I could make you (and, by your inference, many others) happy by 'not breeding'

Best Regards,
C.
Ah c'mon...all parents with young kids become experts on kids' TV -- I know I have. There's some good stuff on. "Zoboomafoo" is pretty good, while Canadian viewers are strongly recommended to check out "Funky Valley" on Treehouse.

All parents should avoid "The Big Comfy Couch" if they want to retain their sanity, however...

Last edited by Excumbrian; 02-06-2008 at 01:43 AM. Reason: spelling
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-06-2008, 05:18 AM
bordeno's Avatar
bordeno bordeno is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Finksburg, MD
Posts: 65
So many classic cartoons, so little time with which to watch them.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #36  
Old 02-06-2008, 09:30 AM
cfranz's Avatar
cfranz cfranz is offline
Repressing my inner freak
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oak Park, Il
Posts: 58
My kids prefered 'Shining Time Station' Or 'Thomas the Tank Engine' as some of you would know it.

Of course, when I started to think that De De Conn was hot, I had to ban the show from the house. Luckilly I had recorded all the Thomas train segments at that point.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-06-2008, 09:31 AM
KeninDC's Avatar
KeninDC KeninDC is offline
speedfreak jive
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Fairfax City, Virginia
Posts: 85
Don't forget the classic 1957 WB "Three Little Bops" with Shorty Rogers on trumpet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTSOjbp0Hs0

My kis love the T&J w/ "Is you is, or is you ain't my baby" (Louis Jordan) being sung.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq2Mt0HAq4M
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-06-2008, 01:20 PM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
I started my kids on Python as soon as they could say "Ni!".

Teletubbies, Barney, & Blues Clues never made it into rotation.
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.