Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-20-2007, 07:21 PM
goldear's Avatar
goldear goldear is offline
Certifiable Audio Junkie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekmanning5
Let you know in two weeks after we watch all the episodes. Sorry, but just like the series my reply will drag on forever.
I'm a huge sci-fi fan in general, but I guess that I must have missed all of the good episodes of this show, because this show simply didn't quite do it for me.

I have tried to watch it, but the episodes were a recipe for falling asleep in front of the TV. I even tried to get my wife to watch it with me once. But she liked it less than I did, so that was the last attempt for me. Perhaps I'm just a little too young and impatient to appreciate this series.

But I am still genuinely curious to know how it ended.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Mr Natural's Avatar
Mr Natural Mr Natural is offline
Malmborg in Plano
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: 2000 light years from home
Posts: 34
"Ahh, my dear chap!!"

My favorite British actor, Leo McKern played No. 2 in two episodes...'The Chimes of Big Ben' (epi #5) and 'Once Upon a Time" (epi #16).
Remember him in "Rumpole of the Bailey" and in the Beatles "Help". And I remember him as the voice of a lost robot in "Space 1999".

I was given the entire series on DVD as a b-day present several years ago and continue to enjoy it. 10 discs, 17 episodes and numerous extras make this an amazing collectors set.
Interesting note - throughout the series, there have only been 2 members of the regular cast. Patrick McGoohan and Angelo Muscat (the butler)!!

Next summer - 2008 - the wife and I plan on touring the British Isles and are eagerly awaiting a visit to Wales and a stay at Portmeirion.


"I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own."
__________________
Head-On - Apply it directly to the forehead
Head-On - Apply it directly to the forehead
Head-On - Apply it directly to the forehead
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Yamaha Nutz's Avatar
Yamaha Nutz Yamaha Nutz is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 11
Have safe trip....."Be seeing you"

O the catch phrases! It's been a good 15 years since I've seen any episode, but some things just stick in your mind!
__________________
Yamaha M50 Amp w/Yamaha C-6 Pre/Yamaha T-500
SE450 Soundcraftsmen EQ
Teac A-3300SX RTR
B&O TX-2 TT w/MMC-2 Cart
Klipsch '83 Cornwall II's
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-21-2007, 02:12 AM
juncers's Avatar
juncers juncers is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: London,U.K.
Posts: 7
Mr Natural,
Leo McKern is actually Australian. He just acts in a lot of British productions, and, being a good actor, has the accent down perfectly!

Ray
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-25-2007, 11:59 AM
Arkay's Avatar
Arkay Arkay is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 225
Waking up an older thread here, but just wanted to share this... I LOVED this show as a kid, when it was shown on television. So did my father - we would watch it together.

I haven't seen a single episode of it since... all I have are limited memories of some plots and scenes, and of course the music (which I HAVE heard since).

Tonight I got a few "new" LaserDisks, and among them is.... The Prisoner, Episode 3, "A, B & C"! I'll have to keep looking for the rest of the series (one down, sixteen to go), but now that I know they were out on LaserDisk, it gives me something else (alongside the Star Trek LDs and the "Combat" series LDs and a few others I've found some of) to work on collecting a complete set.

Tonight, shortly, after how long -- thirty-plus years? -- I'm finally going to re-watch an episode of The Prisoner! Wish it were Episode One, and I could watch them in sequence, but that's okay. I'm still going to enjoy the nostalgic "revival" of another old memory.

For anyone interested, I also picked up three of the original Star Wars LD releases tonight (one ORIGINAL "Star Wars" release and two early versions of "Return of the Jedi")... gradually assembling a complete set of the various LD releases of that series, too. Paid a buck-twenty apiece for them, and also for some cool oldies like Jules Verne's "From the Earth to the Moon". LDs are fun!
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #36  
Old 04-25-2007, 01:21 PM
radotvguy radotvguy is offline
mike g
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: colonia,nj
Posts: 316
the prisoner

Great show , i watched it too !!!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:35 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.