Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #406  
Old 11-05-2007, 02:39 PM
reggaenaut reggaenaut is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Brooklyn NY
Posts: 161
300 : visually and aurally awesome......poetry.
__________________
Blind tests reveal audio truths.
IF you ride like lightening, you will crash like thunder ~ BIG YOUTH

Reply With Quote
  #407  
Old 11-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Charivari
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.


In honor of today's date, V for Vendetta received play yesterday. I'm always impressed with how intelligent this popcorn flick is with the "other" using words and action to undermine a corrupt authority and its abuse of laws and power.

- JP
Reply With Quote
  #408  
Old 11-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
Ratatouille

Great film, storywise I wouldn't rate it quite as high as The Incredibles or Cars but the animation is just jaw dropping!
Reply With Quote
  #409  
Old 11-11-2007, 07:38 PM
Danger Boy's Avatar
Danger Boy Danger Boy is offline
web troll :-)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Spokane, Washington
Posts: 23
Transfomers last night.. i really need to watch some different movies. Ratatouille I saw at the mega plex.. now I need to watch it at home too.
Reply With Quote
  #410  
Old 11-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Filmboydoug's Avatar
Filmboydoug Filmboydoug is offline
Nikko Freako
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Willamette Valley
Posts: 131
Superbad

3:10 To Yuma

American Gangster

We Own The Night
__________________
___________________

ACHOO!!
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #411  
Old 11-13-2007, 08:31 PM
donoghue donoghue is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Home of the "Little" 500
Posts: 75
Went to the theatre for the first time in a long time last night and saw "Michael Clayton" with a very unglamorous George Clooney and Tom Wilkinson. I felt like I was watching a foreign film, as the style was definitely foreign to me, and a VERY welcome change at that. This movie takes low key to new heights! Wilkinson was great, as was the direction and script, both by the same fella. I recommend it, and if you don't have top notch home theatre I recommend seeing it at one before it's out of there, as the movie takes advantage of the modern sound/visual capabilities to great effect, although not so much in enhancing the action a la bourne ultimatum but in enhancing the mundane personal interaction. I'm getting excited about movies again after seeing this.

Edit: I just read that the writer of this was the writer of all 3 Bourne movies, which I do like a lot. Kind of funny considering my comparison.

Edit #2: This is an interesting take on the movie, okay I'm finished plugging this thing for now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B44_XXBlcs4 (some spoilers, kind of)
Reply With Quote
  #412  
Old 11-18-2007, 02:29 AM
onepixel's Avatar
onepixel onepixel is offline
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 154
Just came back from Beowulf in Digial 3D. It was interesting and entertaining to a degree. I won't spoil it by giving an indepth review.

But I will say this, the 3D glasses are cool.
Reply With Quote
  #413  
Old 11-18-2007, 03:37 AM
Danger Boy's Avatar
Danger Boy Danger Boy is offline
web troll :-)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Spokane, Washington
Posts: 23
i just saw American Gangster.. wow. great movie. pretty violent, but what did you expect? good stuff.
Reply With Quote
  #414  
Old 11-18-2007, 05:42 PM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
Just saw Beowolf.I just couldnt get past the animation.God,it was silly.It felt like those puppet robots they have at Disneyland and DisneyWorld.The script was dull and equally silly,and often redundant.Some of the effects were cool,but I never felt a sense of danger,because who cares if parade float characters get offed?This could have been really cool if it was done in straight animation,or all live action.
The whole thing reminded me of The Polar Express,and I didnt think much of that one,either.
Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810.
Reply With Quote
  #415  
Old 11-19-2007, 12:42 PM
Duane's Avatar
Duane Duane is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Diego
Posts: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric H View Post
Great film, storywise I wouldn't rate it quite as high as The Incredibles or Cars but the animation is just jaw dropping!
Saw this on Blu-Ray this past weekend. Pixar just keeps upping the ante with computer animation.The scenes where they're in the water are just utterly amazing.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #416  
Old 11-20-2007, 10:53 PM
arrow 68 arrow 68 is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 56
I watched The Hospital the other night. George C. Scott, and Diana Rig. Always loved the movie.
"I am the Paraclete of Caborca", "The rath of the lamb", "The Angel of the bottomless pit"
I have to pick up a copy of The Seven Ups. Cool movie. Roy Scheider.
Reply With Quote
  #417  
Old 11-22-2007, 04:49 AM
mwr885's Avatar
mwr885 mwr885 is offline
Don't Eat The Worm...
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kadena AB, Okinawa Japan
Posts: 20
I watched the movie Ratatouille last night, So funny! I love those kids movies.
Reply With Quote
  #418  
Old 11-22-2007, 05:35 AM
caddisgeek's Avatar
caddisgeek caddisgeek is offline
sorry.......what?
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southwest Vic, Australia
Posts: 59
Star Wars with my 8 yr old
Reply With Quote
  #419  
Old 11-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
Hairspray the remake.

Loved it, a great looking and sounding film, the colors are bright and saturated and the music very enjoyable in a "Movie Musical" type way.
Reply With Quote
  #420  
Old 11-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
Shrek the Third

I thought this one was just OK. Didn't really grab me like the first two.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:41 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.