Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 11-19-2006, 08:52 PM
dr*audio's Avatar
dr*audio dr*audio is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmsummer
There was a botched Woody Allen version you may be thinking of.
Wrong, it was not a Woody Allen film although he had a guest part in it, as Jimmy Bond, James Bond's illegitimate son.
Charles K. Feldman's Casino Royale , 1967
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061452/
It's pretty funny, but the critics panned it. Wacky film with everyone in Hollywood in it.
I guess I will have to see the new one, heck I've seen all the others...
__________________
Warren

"No choice for sugar, but what choice could there be,
But to drown in coffee, or drown in tea?"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-19-2006, 09:49 PM
thedelihaus's Avatar
thedelihaus thedelihaus is offline
See me,touch me,Thiel me
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston Area, Massachusetts
Posts: 178
Craig knocked a tooth or two out filming this.

I say he's earned his lumps, from the early critics' panning of him, and this incident where the stunt scene he got injured in sent him off to the dentist...
__________________
What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got, say, pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angels' trumpets and devils' trombones. You are invited!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-19-2006, 09:56 PM
wajobu's Avatar
wajobu wajobu is offline
Near and Far Horizons
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 206
Just saw the movie...I quite enjoyed it...great action and entertaining, though a bit long--nice plot twists. I didn't like the "song", but the opening credits were VERY well done. I'd say that Daniel Craig gets my vote!

Early on there were a couple of rather odd scene freezes where Mr. Craig had a rather odd stare on his face.

Oh...and I just ordered my Aston Martin DBS
__________________
Yamaha, Manley, ADS, McIntosh, Rega, B&O & Victor Talking Machine

"...As worrying is interest paid on trouble, long before it's due..." - Steve Hackett - "Serpentine Song"


Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-19-2006, 10:04 PM
tcdriver's Avatar
tcdriver tcdriver is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Valley of Heart's Delight
Posts: 75
My wife and I saw it on Friday. We both enjoyed it. One of the better Bond films in a while. recommended.
__________________
Round and Round it goes
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-19-2006, 11:12 PM
shacky's Avatar
shacky shacky is offline
AK Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6
Ditto - my wife and I saw it Friday as well. My wife loved Pierce but know Craig is her favorite Bond!

Great way to get back to basics with Bond movies. Can't wait fro the next one.
__________________


Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put. Churchill
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #21  
Old 11-20-2006, 09:12 AM
wajobu's Avatar
wajobu wajobu is offline
Near and Far Horizons
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New England
Posts: 206
...an edit to my earlier post:

There is a torture scene with Bond in this movie that is rather gratuitous (like the Bruce Willis "thing" in Pulp Fiction). Frankly, I could have done without it, but I understand why it's there.

Also, the PG-13 rating is really a farce. This is an R rated movie that skirted the issue and somehow got rated PG-13 to keep it in the general population. Don't get me wrong and I'm NOT a prude, but if there are going to be violent scenes in movies, then it should be rated accordingly or the questionable stuff should end up on the cutting room floor.

But still, my earlier post stands...I enjoyed the movie!
__________________
Yamaha, Manley, ADS, McIntosh, Rega, B&O & Victor Talking Machine

"...As worrying is interest paid on trouble, long before it's due..." - Steve Hackett - "Serpentine Song"


Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-20-2006, 01:37 PM
shacky's Avatar
shacky shacky is offline
AK Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 6
I cringed at that torture scene. Ouch!
__________________


Ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put. Churchill
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-20-2006, 02:09 PM
botrytis's Avatar
botrytis botrytis is offline
Space holder
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Burlington, MA
Posts: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G
IIRC, "Casino Royale" was one of the original Pink Panthers, early '60s or so. Wasn't David Niven in it, along w/Sellers?
Nope - a made for British TV movie. David Niven played Sir James Bond, Peter Sellers was another James Bond, and Woody Allen was in it too.

Dave
__________________
"Resentment is like taking poison yourself and waiting for the other guy to die."

-Carrie Fisher
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 12-15-2006, 09:46 PM
audioguy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Yes, definately refreshing after die another day. I didn't care for die another day at all. I was surprised with daniel craig. I thought he was very good. I'm only 20, but i like the less action, more story/character involved, older type bond movies. R? I don't know. Action, yes. I don't know what would have made it R. Maybe borderline. Awesome and refreshing bond none the less. Can't wait for the dvd.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 12-18-2006, 01:51 PM
botrytis's Avatar
botrytis botrytis is offline
Space holder
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Burlington, MA
Posts: 71
I finally saw Casino Royal - sorry I think he definitely is not James Bond and the movie was not that good - in my my opion and my wife's. I didn't like the torture angle to the movie and besides there was not enough of the car in it!! COME ON!!

Dave
__________________
"Resentment is like taking poison yourself and waiting for the other guy to die."

-Carrie Fisher
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #26  
Old 12-18-2006, 02:07 PM
Marantz Man's Avatar
Marantz Man Marantz Man is offline
Mmmm, Rotel you say???
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: NS, Canada
Posts: 10
Yeah, I think every guy in the cinema crossed his legs when the torture scene was on!!

I can't believe there wasn't an 'extended' car chase scene in this film and they still managed to completely wreck the Aston in such a short time.

Bond is definately more gritty in this film, I was actually amazed that he was covered in his own blood for a moderate part of the film.

Rumour has it that with his own 'real life' sexuality he wants to introduce a same gender kiss in the next film!
__________________
Regards Nick
"Sir, if you were my husband, I'd poison you."
"Ma'am, if you were my wife, I'd drink it...."
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 12-18-2006, 02:37 PM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
I saw the film the night it opened,and I thought it was really good.There is an action scene at the begining with no car chases,etc,and it was amazing.
Craig is my favorite bond since Connery.
Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 12-18-2006, 02:50 PM
slow_jazz's Avatar
slow_jazz slow_jazz is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SE Michigan, Downriver....
Posts: 148
loved the movie... good to see bond get back to the basics... plus the women, eva green, etc... make it worthwhile..
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 12-18-2006, 03:01 PM
Andyman's Avatar
Andyman Andyman is offline
Scroungus Stereophilus
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: North of Detroit, East of Grumpy. West of Kegger
Posts: 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marantz Man
Rumour has it that with his own 'real life' sexuality he wants to introduce a same gender kiss in the next film!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

That would be so wrong!

James Bond is the ultimate heterosexual.
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-07-2007, 09:23 PM
onepixel's Avatar
onepixel onepixel is offline
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 154
I just saw it. The best Bond movie in 30 years.

I saw it in a small theater and noticed most of the audience was 40-70+. I sat next to an older woman in her 70s. She was having a great ol time. Although in some of the more violent scences she was covering her eyes.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.