Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 06-15-2006, 10:11 PM
jstout66 jstout66 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ne
Posts: 1,484
oh man.... I hate to admit that I have Phantasm 1,2, & 3. I would have to say it scared the hell out of me when I was a kid in high-school. Watching it now, it looks "dated" and stupid. However..... watch the first Halloween or Friday the 13th. Pretty tame compared to todays standards.....
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-15-2006, 10:19 PM
jlindsey86's Avatar
jlindsey86 jlindsey86 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 44
For those that do like the movie, can you offer any resonable explanation as to how brothers "mike" and "jody" fought "the tall man" and their friend "reggie" was killed by him. Then at the very end it shows that "mike" had actually been living with "reggie" the entire time and that his brother "jody" had been dead for two years. "reggie" then tells "mike" it was a nightmare but as "mike" goes back up to his room he is attack by the "dwarfs"? I mean did I just miss something here or what?
__________________
Main System: Pioneer SA-9100, Pioneer TX-9100, Pioneer Elite PD-59, Pioneer Elite CLD-79, Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai, JBL Decade L36's
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-15-2006, 10:29 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Considering the era it was made, it prolly made PERFECT sense if you'd had a toke or 3....98 % of us took a hit every now & then back when, the other 2% were in denial...<grin>
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-16-2006, 12:05 AM
jlindsey86's Avatar
jlindsey86 jlindsey86 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy G
Considering the era it was made, it prolly made PERFECT sense if you'd had a toke or 3....98 % of us took a hit every now & then back when, the other 2% were in denial...<grin>
LOL....................I guess I shouldnt be too hard on the film, its just before I rented it I read the back of the dvd cover which featured an "over hyped" description of the movie and a 3 1/2 star rating so I was expecting more....but who am I to judge I have been a big fan of The Wraith since I was about 8.
__________________
Main System: Pioneer SA-9100, Pioneer TX-9100, Pioneer Elite PD-59, Pioneer Elite CLD-79, Pioneer Elite DV-47Ai, JBL Decade L36's
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-16-2006, 05:04 AM
bolly bolly is offline
_______
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: CFB Borden
Posts: 55
jlindsey, you think Phantasm was a movie... check out Eraserhead by David Lynch,
__________________
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #21  
Old 06-17-2006, 12:59 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolly
check out Eraserhead by David Lynch,
Never gets any mail, Miss Piggy lives on his steam radiator, chicken fetus baby makes fun of him, oh man is that film messed up.............

(shudder)

I saw it on my second date with my now wife.

First movie date was "Brother From Another Planet" & 3rd was Terminator but that is another story.
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-17-2006, 07:37 AM
jstout66 jstout66 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ne
Posts: 1,484
check out this site! LOL! http://www.phantasm.com/
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-17-2006, 07:43 AM
WhiteSE's Avatar
WhiteSE WhiteSE is offline
Lambda Acoustics!!!
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Pocomoke, MD
Posts: 174
there were some movies in the early 70's that were made in France, called Phantasm, but not horror flicks...some kind of mystery stuff...the guy drived his Citroen and it could fly...he wore a mask ala phantom of the opera...
__________________
" All I know, Is That I Know Nothing".....

Mono: Fisher 500 mono rec. w/EVRegency III, Stereo: Technics SP-10 TT, McIntosh MR-55, Pilot SA-232, JBL L-96, Pilot SA-210 pre.
In reserve: EV12trxb, EV15trx
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-17-2006, 10:02 PM
glen65's Avatar
glen65 glen65 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Mid Ohio
Posts: 107
Lets see its been a while..what was that line?
Don’t ever point a gun at a man unless you plan to shoot him
and don’t shoot a man unless you plan to kill him.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-26-2006, 08:11 PM
thedelihaus's Avatar
thedelihaus thedelihaus is offline
See me,touch me,Thiel me
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Boston Area, Massachusetts
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolly
jlindsey, you think Phantasm was a movie... check out Eraserhead by David Lynch,
Bolly, do you mean you didn't like the genius of David Lynch? If so, them's fightin' words.

I'll be over to take back my IMFs now...
__________________
What you got back home, little sister, to play your fuzzy warbles on? I bet you got, say, pitiful, portable picnic players. Come with uncle and hear all proper! Hear angels' trumpets and devils' trombones. You are invited!
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.