Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 01-28-2006, 04:45 PM
Ghog Ghog is offline
Addictive Personality
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Cedar Park, Tx
Posts: 8
13 years old when my folks took me to see "Jaws". Scared the crap out of me, I guess because it was something that could be real. Monsters don't usually scare me much. However, when I was 8 or 9, we saw "The Legend of Boggy Creek" at the drive-in. We had just moved out in the country (thick woods rural Arkansas) a couple of years before, and after that movie some local teenagers making out at the gravel pit swore they saw a "bigfoot" and someone else saw it crossing the highway nearby. Those two sightings put it right through our woods. We spent the whole summer scarred out of our wits to set foot in the woods!
__________________
"When in doubt, floor it!"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Another one that "did it" was "The Evil Dead". Went to see it primarily 'cause it was filmed near here, over near Newport, Tennessee, Was OK until they stuck a pencil into a guy's ankle & you heard it go crunch, crunch, crunch...There were 4 or 5 of us watching it, we all bolted at that point. Not so scary, but just "JEEZ !"...-Sandy G.
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-28-2006, 05:07 PM
ejfud's Avatar
ejfud ejfud is offline
Audio Pinhead
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: St Paul, MN
Posts: 5
Scanners really freaked me out when it came out. I don't know why, but it did.

Gary
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-28-2006, 05:18 PM
tdpatt48
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
"the birds" i saw this when i was 8 or 9.the worst part was that my room was in the basement!worse still my door was a pair of old saloon style swinging doors.not good for keeping monsters out!the third strike was a mouse in the wall.i knew the mouse was there but that night it was 100 seagulls trying to get through my wall! i lay in bed sweating,and afraid to move for the longest time before i went to sleep.thankfully ive never been that afraid since.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-28-2006, 05:27 PM
passion4audio's Avatar
passion4audio passion4audio is offline
"I love Daddy's TL's!"
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 3
I found it! Here's the movie I remember scaring me to death

when I was young...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...v=glance&n=130
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #21  
Old 01-28-2006, 05:38 PM
bozak ron's Avatar
bozak ron bozak ron is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 3
Allright, my memory's not totally gone yet. I remember Dr. Sardonicus well. When he digs up his dad's grave to get the winning lottery ticket and is cursed with that evil grin.... Yikes.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Johncan's Avatar
Johncan Johncan is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 17
"About Last Night" with Rob Lowe and Demi Moore. It scared the sh*t out of me.






Seriously... as a kid, it would be "Jaws"... I was scared of swimming pools and bath tubs.

As a teenager, "The Hitcher" with Rutger Hauer... I still have a hard time sitting through it and I know what is going to happen. That movie is really creepy.

John
__________________
Main rig
McIntosh MC2105 amp; Mcintosh MX-110Z preamp; Bozak Concert Grands; Systemdek IIX with Dynavector 10X4 MKII; Denon DVD-2910 CD/SACD/DVD-A/HDCD player; Roku Soundbridge M2000 into a Musical Fidelity X-DAC V.3
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-28-2006, 05:53 PM
Retro Stereo's Avatar
Retro Stereo Retro Stereo is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Owatonna, Minnesota
Posts: 18
For my wife, it was The Blair Witch Project. That woman had nightmares for a good week after watching that. As a matter of fact, since that movie, she hasn't watched anything even remotely scary.

I guess for me, it has to be the early black and white version of Night of the Living Dead. Remember the little girl that dies down the basement and comes back to life? I can still hear the sound of that hand-held garden spade she was using to kill her first victim.


Retro
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-28-2006, 06:23 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
...Who was her MOTHER, as I recall. I think her real name was Kyra Schon. The guy who was the "Newscaster" was "Chilly Billy" Cordele, who was host of the "creature feature" movie in Pittsburgh. His daughter, Lori, was in one of the later George Romero "Dead" flicks in the '80s.The story of the "Dead" flick is a fascinating one, to say the least. About everybody who played in the 1st one was part owner, writer, assistant director or something. It was kinda as if about 25 of us got together & decided to make a film from scratch, & talked a bunch of our friends/relatives into helping us.-Sandy G.
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-28-2006, 06:42 PM
BULLWINKLE's Avatar
BULLWINKLE BULLWINKLE is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Garden of the Gods, Colorado
Posts: 27
As a child The Pit and The Pendulum freaked me out but, later as a college kid The Exorcist made me afraid of the dark. If I hear the music Tubular Bells, I feel the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Havent watched a scary movie since!
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #26  
Old 01-28-2006, 10:08 PM
Toasted Almond Toasted Almond is offline
Ballbreaker
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Exit 5 on the Jersey Turnpike
Posts: 78
The Changeling, with George C. Scott.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-28-2006, 10:19 PM
sandoz's Avatar
sandoz sandoz is offline
Kaliedescope Eggplant
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Van down by the river..
Posts: 3
Nightmare on Elm Street - My friends dad owned the movie theater in my home town and I could go see whatever I wanted. I think I was 12 when I saw it by myself and I was afraid to sleep for many days!
__________________
This isn't who it should be, if it wasn't who it is!

Last edited by sandoz; 01-28-2006 at 10:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-28-2006, 10:26 PM
rulerboyz rulerboyz is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cornwall Ontario Canada
Posts: 55
Over the years Freddie Krugger has found his way into quite a few of my dreams...not always as a villain, however his presence is never comforting. Definitely a compelling character of horror, that strikes when you're most vulnerable.
__________________
Technics SL-D2, Pioneer SA-7500, Mitsubishi M-A4370, Rotel RB870 Power Amplifer, NHT Model II Speakers, Grado SR60.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-28-2006, 11:12 PM
SPL db's Avatar
SPL db SPL db is offline
Vintage Audio Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 89
I saw a movie when I was between 7-9 in the mid seventies that scared me pretty good.

It had made it to TV by then and I remember watching it with my parents...

About all I remember from the movie is that it takes place on an airliner that was either
possessed or haunted.

I only remember two scenes from the movie... one of the crew had to go through one
of the cargo holds, and "whatever" was on board had turned the hold into a deep freeze
where if the cold itself didn't kill ya, touching anything gave you instant frostbite.

There was a point when the crew member was walking along and the guy looks over
and there was a german shepard that was in a dog crate that was frozen in mid bark.

The second scene was all the passengers where in the first class area of the plane and
"whatever" was trying to get in and the carpet on the floor started bubbling up and one
of the stewardesses took a doll from a little girl and had drawn an evil face on the doll and
showed it to the bubbling carpet and it went back down...

I was under the cover that my mom had on the couch after that!

Still don't know what the name of that movie was...

Scott
__________________
Music, when combined with a pleasurable idea, is poetry.
Music without the idea is simply music.
Without music or an intriguing idea, color becomes pallor, man becomes carcass, home becomes catacomb.

Last edited by SPL db; 01-28-2006 at 11:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-28-2006, 11:37 PM
rulerboyz rulerboyz is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Cornwall Ontario Canada
Posts: 55
If you ever want to find out the name of a movie you can only remember partial details about you should post a question on the I Need To Know board at imdb.com. Chances are that if they can't figure it out for you, nobody can.

http://us.imdb.com/boards/
__________________
Technics SL-D2, Pioneer SA-7500, Mitsubishi M-A4370, Rotel RB870 Power Amplifer, NHT Model II Speakers, Grado SR60.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:26 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.