Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 01-14-2006, 04:36 PM
Mike Bama's Avatar
Mike Bama Mike Bama is offline
More volume, please!
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Heart of Dixie - Trussville, Alabama
Posts: 11
In a Starsky & Hutch (TV series) scene, the bad guy drives a red 64 Chevy into a paint shop, and when it comes out it's a white 63. Ah.......... the marvels of Hollywood.

I do like the six shooters that have unlimited capacity.
__________________
I was takin' a trip out to LA,
toolin' along in my Chevrolet,
tokin' on a number and diggin' on the radio........

Charlie Daniels from Uneasy Rider

American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-27-2006, 01:55 PM
gearhead's Avatar
gearhead gearhead is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: central Illinois
Posts: 53
I thought it was funny that Starsky could shift a 4 speed with both hands on the wheel.
At least it SOUNDED like a 4 speed.
(And an automatic shift selector was on the column, hmmmm)
__________________
**your witty remark here for just pennies a day!!!**
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-27-2006, 02:15 PM
mhardy6647's Avatar
mhardy6647 mhardy6647 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: New England
Posts: 333
The only one that really, and routinely, bugs me is when something blows up in outer space, and we hear it on the soundtrack.

That's why I always really appreciated the "airlock" scene in Kubrick's 2001. It's completely soundless, until enough air rushes in to conduct the sound. Very cool (and that was in, what? 1968?)
__________________
all the best,
mrh
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-27-2006, 07:54 PM
THOR
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
My biggest peeve is that Hollywood guns seem to have the unlimited ammo cheat some of my video games use. It's especially bad in westerns, I mean I may have trouble counting to 15 or 30 like some autos and semi autos hold but I can count to six
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-27-2006, 08:15 PM
foetusized
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by fropiler
Having to crank the volume to 10 just to hear the dialog, forgetting it there until the music/crash/explosion scene jolts you into cardiac arrest. f'ers. can't they figure out a way to even it up a bit?
Add to that, turning up the volume of a movie on TV to hear the dialog, and then a commercial comes on at twice the volume.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #21  
Old 01-29-2006, 11:31 PM
Cloth Ears's Avatar
Cloth Ears Cloth Ears is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 18
People who get shot are blown backwards by the force of the bullet (.177's .22's, .303's, .5's - makes no difference)...

'Exploding car' syndrome...

Re-writing of history (or historical epics) to make a 'better movie'...

The transposition of movie characters into their historical conterparts (people now think Moses looked like Charlton Heston, whereas he probably looked more like Osama Bin Laden)...

That almost every single gripe mentioned in these pages are in movies made in the USA, England, or Australia. Think of the final gunfight in "Once upon a Time in the West" - Henry Fonda stands stock still, fumbles putting his gun away, and finally crumples to the ground. In "The Transporter" - the only cars to blow up are the ones with bombs in them.
__________________
Jonty

It is impossible to build a fool proof system; because fools are so ingenious.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-30-2006, 02:35 AM
2DualsNotEnough's Avatar
2DualsNotEnough 2DualsNotEnough is offline
The Goodbye Look
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phoenix,AZ
Posts: 308
I hate that Im old enough now to remember the original films of all the remakes they are making for the teens now.In the last year alone-The Fog,Fun With Dick and Jane,When A Stranger Calls,The Longest Yard,Willy Wonka,The Producers,etc.

I hate what they do to martial arts films by the time we get them here-Dubbing them instead of using original soundtrack,waiting years before we get them,totally re-editing them,to the point of changing the order of scenes,and shortening the action scenes for western tastes,and removing the comedy scenes,or love scenes because we might find them silly.

Who decided that Paul Walker or Scarlett Johansen could act?

I hate the 80's and 90's action movies that felt it was exciting to kill as many people as possible.Ive never seen a horror movie that had as many killings as a Swartzenegger or Stallone movie.

I hate going to a film aimed at a more intelligent audience that features a big hollywood star.Half the audience is expecting their usual film,and loudly voices their opinions/or laughs because the film doesnt aim as low as they were hoping:Hero(w/Jet Li),Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind(Jim Carrey),Punch-Drunk Love(Adam Sandler).

I hate going to a film aimed at teens,and know that all the kids are going to laugh when one of the characters cries during a very emotional scene.

I hate being so spoiled that I get bummed when a theatre doesnt have stadium style seating.

Jimmy
__________________
Current System:Cambridge Audio 640 Azur v2/NAD pp-2/,Oppo DV-970HD dvd/cd/,Luxman T-12 Tuner,Technics SL-1200 Mk5/Grado Red,ADS L810.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-30-2006, 03:37 AM
Icon's Avatar
Icon Icon is offline
User Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NMU (go you wildcats)
Posts: 27
speaking of the transporter

it drives me crazzy that ever single gunshot has a fricken yellow tracer like flight path. otherwise the movie is good tho
__________________
go you wildcats
yay
i am a WOG mecha
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-30-2006, 06:21 AM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Another thing I HATE is people bringing infants/rugrats to theaters w/them, & the inevitable caterwauling that ensues, along w/trips to the bathroom, concession stand,'splainin' the movie-LOUDLY- to the rugrats, more trips to the can, crying when the Pepsi/popcorn gets spilled....or when you have a gaggle of 10-14 yr old grrrrls who whisper, giggle, go back & forth during the flick. I would probably gotten arrested, but once I came THIS CLOSE to sticking my leg out in the aisle to see how many of them I could trip....And then you have the Father of the aforementioned brood of squallin' young uns...He's ALWAYS 7' tall, wears a cap, & invariably plonks down square in front of me. The thought to remove his chapeau would never, of course, cross his Nascar mind....Grrrrrrrrr !!-Sandy G., Curmudgeon
__________________
Benevolent Despot

Last edited by Sandy G; 01-30-2006 at 06:22 AM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-30-2006, 06:32 AM
SPL db's Avatar
SPL db SPL db is offline
Vintage Audio Nut
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead
I thought it was funny that Starsky could shift a 4 speed with both hands on the wheel.
At least it SOUNDED like a 4 speed.
(And an automatic shift selector was on the column, hmmmm)
Add to that when they do a close up of the actors driving a car and you can clearly see that the car is in park!

I've never liked any Steven Segal movies because he never gets a hair out of place let alone hurt.

I mean he can walk down a street with like 50 bad guys and kill each one first try and never get a scratch? Please...

Scott
__________________
Music, when combined with a pleasurable idea, is poetry.
Music without the idea is simply music.
Without music or an intriguing idea, color becomes pallor, man becomes carcass, home becomes catacomb.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #26  
Old 01-30-2006, 07:50 AM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
...Or when you hear tires squealing in utter pain...An' its a DIRT ROAD they're on...Jeez !!-Sandy G.
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-30-2006, 08:14 AM
THOR
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
A guy actually brought like a 5yr girl to LOTR's the Two Towers. You know we waited a friggin' year to see this movie! This little girl would not stop talking LOUDLY the whole time. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and turned to the guy and VERY LOUDLY and not very nicely told him to make that kid STFU! Guess what? The WHOLE movie theater applauded!!!!!!! Then the guy got up and left and thank god he took the brat with him
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-30-2006, 08:50 AM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
The way many chilluns act in public nowadays is truly deplorable. When Yrs Trly was a tadpole, getting to Go Out was a treat, but I knew if I acted badly, I'd 1) Not get to Go Out again for awhile, & 2) prolly have my Fanny Tanned. After a couple of Henry-my Dad's- Old-Fashioned Fanny Tannings, I sorta got the message, & was a Dood Widdle Lad. Now we have "Time-Outs"...WTF izzat? Yeah, they work REAL WELL....I also have a Bridge I'd like you to buy...-Sandy G., Spare the Rod & all that...
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-30-2006, 11:19 PM
Icon's Avatar
Icon Icon is offline
User Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NMU (go you wildcats)
Posts: 27
how about we talk about the fast and the ferious... hehe maybe we should save that one for its own thred
__________________
go you wildcats
yay
i am a WOG mecha
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-31-2006, 12:50 PM
Sansuiman
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Great observations and rants all! Really nothing I can add to the above except:

Time out? Yeah. You take time out to take the belt off. That's what I'm talking about. And belive me, my parents knew the effectiveness of a strap across the ass-end (usually mine, less often my younger siblings) towards adjusting one's attitude.

And guess what? I grew up to be a productive, responsible well adjusted person. With a few scars

Kevin
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:29 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.