Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 12-19-2005, 03:35 PM
foetusized
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
In the book, the battle takes up only a page or two. Definitely different source material than LOTR. Lewis & Tolkein were friends and colleagues though, and read each other's work.

No trilogy this; if it does well they should get all seven books made into films, I would guess. The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe was the first of the books written and ought to stand up as an introduction to Narnia, but there was a later book that takes place first and explains how Narnia came to be. Most omnibus volumes put The Magician's Nephew first as that's how C.S. Lewis preferred they be read once he finished the series, but TLTW&TW was published first and was the first book of the series read by many people, including myself when I was 10ish -- Foe
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-19-2005, 03:38 PM
THOR
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Boytris I have tried reading the book, when I saw the movie it reminded me of why the books always turned me off. Just not my kind of Fantasy, of course I have never liked Piers Anthony or those Greywall books either. Just different strokes for different folks.

Fortunately or unfortunately all swords and sorcery fantasy movies are going to be compared to LOTR, it's now the benchmark. Just as Star Wars is the guage to which sci-fi is judged. So LOTR comparisons are gonna happen.

Even not comparing it to LOTR I would still have found it too kiddie like for me. I am a sucker for movies with swords in them and I just have trouble with movies that have 12yr olds who have never even held a sword vanquishing axe weilding monsters and all the while without any blood flying It was like medievel fantasy A-Team reruns.

I can see why fans of the book or children (walking, talking beavers anyone????) would enjoy it. But for the average sci fi/fantasy/action junkie it is lacking.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-19-2005, 07:56 PM
foetusized
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Thor, don't be so hard on the beavers.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.