![]() |
|
#16
|
||||
|
||||
|
Lots of goodies here, but I'm surprised no one's mentioned "My Darling Clementine" or "Winchester '73"
Classics, and fer good reason's too, pard!
__________________
I think the world is run by "C" students - Al McGuire |
|
#17
|
|||
|
|||
|
Silverado
The Long Riders Tombstone |
|
#18
|
||||
|
||||
|
Have to be The Outlaw Josey Wales. With Silverado a close second. Clint is the man when it comes to westerns.
__________________
Sansui 9090DB Thorens TD 145 MkII Yamaha DVD C750 Teac A4010SL Klipsch Forte II's Polk Monitor 10 II's |
|
#19
|
||||
|
||||
|
Id say "The Searchers" first,with John Wayne,then "Support Your Local Sherrif" next with James Garner.
Jimmy |
|
#20
|
||||
|
||||
|
I am not going to get into my favorite but among the ones not included are Jeremia Johnson, and I know that movie that Steve McQueen was in and the title was the name of the guy who everyone admired so much that they made him hang himself.
I did enjoy the 2 Young Guns movies, and Little Big Man is not just a good western it is just a great movie. Not a big Dustin Hoffman fan myself but I think it is his best movie and the performance was better than Rainman, not to mention Faye Dunnaway ........woohoo!!! Dances with Wolves had some shots in it that are important but I didn't like the movie as a whole. It was slow paced and the story wasn't good enough to the time devoted to it. Lonesome Dove when watched as a movie is one of the very best things ever put to film. There is enough time for character devlopement and it is held back enough that it doesn't try to express the true horror story that it is. It is many stories entertwined and I feel it portrayed things in a true and honest manner other than the gang rapes, torture etc done by the Comancheros. Honest characters in true settings. That isn't easy to do. |
| Audiokarma |
|
#21
|
||||
|
||||
|
I want to add as Honorable Mention the new western by Kevin Costner, Open Range. Duval, as usual was great. The movie was a classic example of how cowboys would stick together, and lay their life on the line, for what they believed in. It looks like Costner may be our only hope to take over where Clint left off, in the making of westerns.
__________________
I was takin' a trip out to LA, toolin' along in my Chevrolet, tokin' on a number and diggin' on the radio........ Charlie Daniels from Uneasy Rider American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God |
|
#22
|
||||
|
||||
|
Silverado ....the scenery is just magnificent!...and the score...just makes you want to float around out there...
McLintock....and....The Shootist..... with the Duke As for Clint...his westerns were great...but Dirty Harry is my ultimate HERO!.... ...even over Capt. Kirk!...lol We now return you to the favorite western movies....PUNK!
__________________
Gary in Texas Last edited by Reel 2 Reel; 05-30-2005 at 07:35 AM. |
|
#23
|
||||
|
||||
|
Well, no one mentioned my two:
Nevada Smith HIgh Noon and the one where they keep bugging the guy to use his long put away guns (the actor was the capt. in the movie Silent Run..not run silent/Run Deep...also one of my favs)...I cant remember his name...in the flick he ends up torpedoing a jap ship that may be carrying his family)..
__________________
" All I know, Is That I Know Nothing"..... Mono: Fisher 500 mono rec. w/EVRegency III, Stereo: Technics SP-10 TT, McIntosh MR-55, Pilot SA-232, JBL L-96, Pilot SA-210 pre. In reserve: EV12trxb, EV15trx |
|
#24
|
||||
|
||||
|
I'm with Andy on this one...
My Darling Clementine all the best westerns were all filmed in black and white!!
__________________
Head-On - Apply it directly to the forehead Head-On - Apply it directly to the forehead Head-On - Apply it directly to the forehead |
|
#25
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I thought Val Kilmer's portrayal of Doc Holliday in Tombstone worthy of an Oscar. "I'll be your huckleberry." |
| Audiokarma |
|
#26
|
||||
|
||||
|
Blazing Saddles
Silverado |
|
#27
|
||||
|
||||
|
Westworld, anyone?
|
|
#28
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
__________________
I was takin' a trip out to LA, toolin' along in my Chevrolet, tokin' on a number and diggin' on the radio........ Charlie Daniels from Uneasy Rider American by Birth, Southern by the Grace of God |
|
#29
|
||||
|
||||
|
after a dinnertime discussion with the wife, we decided on these favoreeteez:
1 - My Darling Clementine 2 - How the West was Won 3 - Little Big Man 4 - The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance 5 - The Outlaw Josey Wales 6 - Blazing Saddles - still debating with her as to wether this is really a 'western' Natch
__________________
Head-On - Apply it directly to the forehead Head-On - Apply it directly to the forehead Head-On - Apply it directly to the forehead |
|
#30
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Paint Your Wagon, a musical comedy is OK except when Clint Eastwood sings. Terry |
| Audiokarma |
![]() |
|
|