Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1  
Old 05-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Jonathan Jonathan is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 326
RCA 630TS flyback, how is it mounted?

Hello,

I'm restoring a RCA 630TS clone, an Air King A1000. I replaced every electrolytic and paper crapacitor with modern ones, added AC line supression caps in place of the old micas for safety and RF noise supression. I may replace the mica coupling caps in the Video IF section if they are bad. Since all the work is done underneath, I need to figure out how to mount the flyback.

When I received the TV, three recifier tubes were missing from the HV section, and the flyback was free moving inside the HV cage. I removed the cage and I'm unsure how to mount the flyback securly. I can't really figure it out. Is the flyback mounted on the HV cage somehow or is it mounted to the chassis? I think the flkyback is good. If not, I have two other good 211T1 flybacks for a 630TS or clone. I purchased all the missing tubes, and just need to assemble it and put the CRT back in to see if any smoke will come out or not.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks again.

Jonathan
Reply With Quote
 



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.