![]() |
|
|
|
#1
|
||||
|
||||
|
I usually go for either 13 or 19/20 inch sets as I have no one to help me lift or move bigger sets. Though I did lug a very big and heavy 27 inch set from the driveway and to the basement by myself. Never doing that again!
|
|
#2
|
||||
|
||||
|
Yep.... I did one ALMOST as bad.. I got in my Rohde & Schwarz EK-07 & picked it up all by my lonesome. ALL 152 lbs of Cherman wunderbar radio. I saw Lightnins, Moons, stars, planets. This was about 20 yrs ago-BEFORE my stroke, boogering my knee up, other stuff. And I wasn't damn near 60, either. I USED to be Strong like Bull, before the stroke. Now, I just Shoot the Bull..
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#3
|
||||
|
||||
|
My dolly has come in handy for consoles. One time I hauled one home over 4 1/2 miles, or 7.69 kilometers to me (thanks MapQuest). I would do it again if I wanted the set enough. If I'm lucky the person selling/giving them away can deliver if I'm not close enough to get it myself. For the latest one I hired a truck.
|
|
#4
|
||||
|
||||
|
Well, there's usually ONE good thing w/the Teeny-Tinies-They typically HAVEN'T ever been watched too much. I guess my little '84 CT-101 Panasonic color set MIGHT have 10 hours total on it. It DOES have a remarkable picture, but its just REALLY too small. The "Type" that infests TV nowadays across the bottom part of the picture is all but unreadable on it.
__________________
Benevolent Despot |
|
#5
|
||||
|
||||
|
Just a general observation - I think parts availability is a factor for me. No sense in getting that Predicta, CT-100, KV-1710 or Safari with a bad CRT. Likewise, I'd pick up a small screen Sony only with a good stock of genuine 2SC867s and 2SC1034s, just to be sure. Jerome in Paris has already faced the '2SC1034 need..
I've had feelers out for a CRT for a Zenith Porthole for months, and nothing has come up. It'll be out the door soon if nothing comes up - it's a beast combo, never powered up, just waiting for a CRT, so yes to the question, at least for me.
__________________
Brian USN RET 22YRS (Avionics/Cal) CET-Consumer Repair and Avionics ('88) "Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79" When fuses go to work, they quit! |
| Audiokarma |
|
#6
|
||||
|
||||
|
What CRT do you need? Drop me a PM, I'm on vacation and I don't want to lose track of this.
I'm at a hotel in Gaithersburg MD right now, and everyone else is asleep....
__________________
"Restoring a tube TV is like going to war. A color one is like a land war in Asia." |
|
#7
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
Thanks,
__________________
Brian USN RET 22YRS (Avionics/Cal) CET-Consumer Repair and Avionics ('88) "Capacitor Cosmetologist since '79" When fuses go to work, they quit! |
![]() |
|
|