![]() |
|
#16
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
I have ZERO interest in those old Sony sets. Likely a GCS set---and we ALL know that means a NIGHTMARE in troubleshooting a dead -set ! MAYBE --if I wanted it--which I would NOT--and IF the tube was GOOD--(as we know trinitrons are NOT the longest--lived CRT's out there--NOTHING like a roundie tube..and they will NOT take rejuvination either..) i MIGHT offer $30 or so. But I would make SURE the tube was good first. If the set could not drive it--then I WOULD bring a tester like a CR-70 or such and make SURE it was ok. |
|
#17
|
||||
|
||||
|
It would be particularly important to verify the health of the jug in one of these. Not only are replacements limited to those from Sony, try finding another 21" Trinitron jug.
|
|
#18
|
|||
|
|||
|
Thanks again.
I actually signed up for and sent the seller an Orion Blue Book report on this TV set model. Haven't heard back yet (not holding my breath) but maybe this will make a difference. It's like you guys were saying that this set is pretty much worthless on the used market. For those interested in pricing for this model who will see this thread in the future, I have attached a screen shot of the Orion Blue Book report. |
|
#19
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
|
|
#20
|
||||
|
||||
|
Quote:
80's & used it for a bedroom set. Had an open damper, the old top-hat style, SG613 & pass transistor shorted. Sold it later for $200 I wish those days were back ! 73 Zeno
|
| Audiokarma |
|
#21
|
||||
|
||||
|
I remember them being *quite* expensive for a table model... in the $600 - $700 range.
jr |
|
#22
|
|||
|
|||
|
To put aside this rather clueless seller when it comes to pricing for a moment, I had expected that after my rather lengthy "educational" (but respectful) email to him several days back and now taking even more time to send him an Orion Blue Book report, he would have had at least the decency to get back to me with a short "thanks but no thanks" note. This is not so. Not a peep from him so far. Not a nice guy. I hope he proves me wrong.
|
|
#23
|
||||
|
||||
|
He probably decided that if it don't pay his mortgage it is not worth his time.
__________________
Tom C. Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off! What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4 |
|
#24
|
||||
|
||||
|
That sounds about right. The 19-inch version with remote control was about $550 typically.
__________________
Chris Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did." |
![]() |
|
|