Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-07-2012, 07:52 PM
jr_tech's Avatar
jr_tech jr_tech is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,573
I think that a bit of extra filtering likely would not cause a problem with the HV supply, BUT the HV would pack a greater punch if you should get across it.

jr
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-12-2012, 04:53 PM
radio nut's Avatar
radio nut radio nut is offline
Born in the wrong decade
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lima, Ohio
Posts: 839
Well Jr Tech....You were right! On Sunday I went back to the diagram and sure enough it calls for a coating on the crt. Well, I do have a really strong crt with an intact coating to put in it and I did. I also added a ground connection.
The tv has a really good picture now plus it has the shut off dot! Now the sound has a loud type of hum so I will have to readjust the sound trap and see what happens.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Reece's Avatar
Reece Reece is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Cleona, PA
Posts: 2,178
It is possible for you to put a new coating on yourself. I forget the name of the product but it has been mentioned on the forum before. Someone will know the name of it.
__________________
Reece

Perfection is hard to reach with a screwdriver.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-12-2012, 05:31 PM
lnx64's Avatar
lnx64 lnx64 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Port Richey, FL
Posts: 1,787
Slip-plate?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Phil Nelson's Avatar
Phil Nelson Phil Nelson is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 4,030
Another good product for replacing aquadag is Aerodag G. Easy to spray on, and it dries in a few minutes.

Phil Nelson
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 11-13-2012, 03:36 AM
snelson903 snelson903 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: mishawaka indiana
Posts: 1,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Nelson View Post
Another good product for replacing aquadag is Aerodag G. Easy to spray on, and it dries in a few minutes.

Phil Nelson
where can you buy aerodag ,and how is it made conductive, tell me more if you have the info im interested.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-14-2012, 08:57 PM
bandersen's Avatar
bandersen bandersen is offline
RCA 741PCS
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 8,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by snelson903 View Post
where can you buy aerodag ,and how is it made conductive, tell me more if you have the info im interested.
I got mine from Ted Pella, Inc. http://www.tedpella.com/semmisc_html...#anchor1349940

It's finely powdered graphite, which is conductive, mixed with is some aerosol bonding agent. I've also used SlipPlate and think it's easier to work with because it produces a thicker, tougher surface.
__________________
Here are my Vintage Radio & TV YouTube Channel and Photo Gallery
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-12-2012, 06:01 PM
radio nut's Avatar
radio nut radio nut is offline
Born in the wrong decade
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lima, Ohio
Posts: 839
The uncoated crt is weak and has the tv station test patterned burned into the screen. So I will keep it for the set that needs one in order to run. The crt I put in tested 800 or so on my B&K (before I broke the meter on it!!!). The picture is sooooo much better now! I am thinking about posting all of the final pictures here soon. Oh and yes someone did say to use slip plate from grainger for the aquadag. I drive past there on my way to work so I will give it a shot.

Last edited by radio nut; 11-12-2012 at 06:03 PM. Reason: added more
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-12-2012, 07:30 PM
josephdaniel's Avatar
josephdaniel josephdaniel is offline
Learning as I go
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas / Missouri
Posts: 462
Could you post a picture of the burn in if you can photograph it sounds like it would lok kinda neat.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-12-2012, 08:06 PM
radio nut's Avatar
radio nut radio nut is offline
Born in the wrong decade
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lima, Ohio
Posts: 839
Quote:
Originally Posted by josephdaniel View Post
Could you post a picture of the burn in if you can photograph it sounds like it would lok kinda neat.
I will give it a shot......will not be til sunday "probably" I agree that would be kinda cool to post it. I believe it is the classic"indian" test pattern.....
would be cool to find out that I am wrong and have someone post the correct pattern
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #11  
Old 11-14-2012, 04:52 PM
radio nut's Avatar
radio nut radio nut is offline
Born in the wrong decade
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lima, Ohio
Posts: 839
I need to add that Stromberg6 was also right.... He pulled up the specs for this crt and he did state that it called for a coating to be in place.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.