Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Adam's Avatar
Adam Adam is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,383
I used to have an early rectangular color Panasonic, it was even older than that one (I think), and it was labeled "Viking". And it was in a wood table cabinet, with an all tube chassis, but it was series-string, used a bunch of those weird tubes.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-20-2011, 08:58 PM
dieseljeep dieseljeep is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 7,562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I used to have an early rectangular color Panasonic, it was even older than that one (I think), and it was labeled "Viking". And it was in a wood table cabinet, with an all tube chassis, but it was series-string, used a bunch of those weird tubes.
Viking branded sets were from Canada. They were sold at Eaton's dept store. I saw those sets branded as Bradford, Penncrest and Singer. My hybrid Panasonic is a model CT-26. The tuner and parts of the color, audio and IF is solid state. My set also has AFT. Neat set and in great condition.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-20-2011, 10:15 PM
stereorob stereorob is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 139
well with that much love for these things out there and is rare as these are, i guess.
what the heck, ill keep it around. i would offer it for sale but its so darn heavy it would be a expensive nightmare to ship. are these really that rare? is it worth anything? just curious..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-21-2011, 01:14 AM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,482
It is not impossible to ship these.....I reciently had a 19" Zenith monochrome portable (the things so damn heavy that I doubt even a centaur would considder it portable) shipped from a major city in Pennsylvania (I forget which one) to Milwaukee for 45$. The packing materials made it right on the max size line, but USPS got it to me. Greyhound freight service is also good for the bigger more fragile stuff.

I'd offer you 50$ for yours (considering that shipping would be costly) if I knew more about that set (like a screen shot of it playing a program, a picture of the inside, the model number so I could look up the schematic, screen size, etc.) , and you got serious about selling it.
__________________
Tom C.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-21-2011, 10:08 AM
ctc17 ctc17 is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 1,615
its from 1970 uses a 400clb22 crt and has 10 tubes 25 transistors
16A8 12BY7 12BH7 12BH7 12FQ7 15CW5 9JW8 29KQ6 30AE3 3CU3
The sams is 1127

Last edited by ctc17; 11-21-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 11-21-2011, 10:27 AM
TerrySmith's Avatar
TerrySmith TerrySmith is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Maryville Tennessee
Posts: 80
The 12BH7, 12FQ7, 16A8 are in fact audiofool types. There's a lot of TV tube equivalents such as 6GK6, (and 10,16,29GK6) that is the same internally as a 6BQ5, different pinouts. Just think ouside the 6v box! Yep, I'm a HI-FI guy too.

Here's a slightly modified Heathkit AA-151 I just finished with 10GK6 output tubes and 6GU7's in the preamp:

Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-27-2011, 01:44 AM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,482
Well considering that these sets were thought of as portables back then it probably was dragged all over the place and there was probably food around a good part of the time.

I have a nice s0ny SW portable radio that I like to take with me to restaurants etc. and that set has had ice cream and several other food stuffs driped on it during the over 3 years I've owned it.
__________________
Tom C.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-28-2011, 12:25 PM
zenithfan1's Avatar
zenithfan1 zenithfan1 is offline
Mark
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kenosha, Wisconsin
Posts: 4,211
Kore wa Terebideo ga utsukushii desu ne!! ;3
eto.....er...I mean, that is a beautiful tv!
__________________
My TV page and YouTube channel
Kyocera R-661, Yamaha RX-V2200
National Panasonic SA-5800
Sansui 1000a, 1000, SAX-200, 5050, 9090DB, 881, SR-636, SC-3000, AT-20
Pioneer SX-939, ER-420, SM-B201
Motorola SK77W-2Z tube console
McIntosh MC2205, C26
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12-01-2011, 01:44 AM
YamahaFreak's Avatar
YamahaFreak YamahaFreak is offline
<-- CSXT 6038, EMD GP40-2
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: TOO sunny Florida, USA
Posts: 580
Wow, very nice set. That's almost exactly what I originally set out to find...a Panasonic tubed color set of about that size.

In fact (at the risk of making a fool of myself) if you don't think you'll get much use out of it, I'd plunk down the cost of shipping right now. I don't have a lot to offer in the way of cash, but I can promise you she'd be going to a good home...
__________________
Sony Trinitron Fan
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.