Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 09-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Rex Aeterna Rex Aeterna is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 23
alrighty then. where should i start measuring? i never measured a monitor before really. how should i check the power supply and stuff?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Electronic M's Avatar
Electronic M Electronic M is offline
M is for Memory
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Pewaukee/Delafield Wi
Posts: 15,478
Start at the place the power cord connects to the PS board and start working your way towards the output of the power supply. Check for proper voltage at ALL points the schematic list a voltage value for, and the first point that has the wrong value or no reading is where you should start checking/replacing parts. Usually the defect is in one of the parts connected to the first point that is at the wrong voltage.

I'm by no means the best person to ask about solid state (there are few SS devices that I will bother with, and most that that I have and would consider fixing I've never needed to), but there are many here who are. That trouble shooting procedure can be applied to any power supply of any vintage and point one to the region of the failed part(s), and in some cases the exact part(s) that died.


I hope you can find the problem easily, and if you get lost I'm sure someone here can help.

Tom C.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:24 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.