Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-04-2011, 07:33 PM
50scraze's Avatar
50scraze 50scraze is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 77
Im overwhelmed!

So many good sets popping up in my area, ive never seen this many at once! As much as I want all these sets I can really one go for one right now. So I have decided to ask my fellow Tv Enthusiasts: What set would you buy?

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/ele/2236460411.html

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/atq/2303937492.html

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/atq/2303870053.html

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/atq/2299573996.html
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-04-2011, 07:44 PM
stusnyder's Avatar
stusnyder stusnyder is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: northeast Pa
Posts: 486
I'd grab the rca...
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-04-2011, 07:50 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
Tough choice...
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-04-2011, 07:54 PM
jr_tech's Avatar
jr_tech jr_tech is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,573
Wow! what choices! My 2cents (or less) worth:

1. The mid 50s RCAs are pretty common. I would pass.
2. The Motorola is uncommon, good condition and working. Perhaps
3. I love the bakelite Admiral, but $200 is very steep. I would try to bicker down or pass.
4. The GE with the large speaker is quite unusual, blonde but not the highest quality chassis. Perhaps.

jr
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-04-2011, 07:57 PM
DaveWM DaveWM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 5,607
bird in the hand, the motorola is working...
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #6  
Old 04-04-2011, 08:06 PM
wa2ise's Avatar
wa2ise wa2ise is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 3,147
Isn't it a violation of CL rules to show a TV set actually working with an actual video image on its CRT?

Either it's been restored, or at least you know the unobtanium parts are in good shape. Unless it blew up minutes after the pictures were taken...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Eric H's Avatar
Eric H Eric H is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: So. Calif
Posts: 11,565
C'mon guys, how could you possibly pass on this beauty!

I second the working Motorola, working, cheap, uncommon.

2nd choice the Bakelite Admiral, but only if he'll come down $100 or so.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3p03oe3le5T25W25S4b2q04f736f0fdb51601.jpg (3.9 KB, 34 views)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-04-2011, 08:18 PM
DaveWM DaveWM is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orlando FL
Posts: 5,607
I give the seller bonus points for no reference to a fish tank conversion or a modern flat screen conversion...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-04-2011, 09:04 PM
Sandy G's Avatar
Sandy G Sandy G is offline
Spiteful Old Cuss
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Rogersville, Tennessee
Posts: 9,571
I second the working Motorola, working, cheap, uncommon.

Me, too...I'd STILL wanna get it "Gone thru" & recapped, though.
__________________
Benevolent Despot
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-05-2011, 10:25 AM
airgrabber-6's Avatar
airgrabber-6 airgrabber-6 is offline
Avoiding electrocution.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 57
Motorola!
__________________

current victim:
"Blondie"...a '62 Magnavox 27" Normandy Provincial
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #11  
Old 04-05-2011, 05:15 PM
charokeeroad's Avatar
charokeeroad charokeeroad is offline
John Q
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Southern California, IE
Posts: 644
The Admiral would clean up nicely. Especially if you have a steady hand and can repaint the lettering. That bakelite would clean up nicely too. I would bet he'd take 100 for it. just to make space in the house.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:43 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.