Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 08-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Fred Sanford's Avatar
Fred Sanford Fred Sanford is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA
Posts: 68
"...and Leon's getting LAAAARRGER!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo_dnfOaEX0

je
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-02-2009, 03:53 PM
phaedrus's Avatar
phaedrus phaedrus is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Cogley View Post
A lesser-known and somewhat uneven but hilarious movie from the Zucker brothers (the guys who brought you Airplane): The Kentucky Fried Movie. It's like a rated-R SNL.
"A Fistful of Yen" may be one of the funniest spoofs I've ever seen. Kentucky Fried Movie was great.

David
__________________
My various stuff
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-02-2009, 03:56 PM
jbrainey's Avatar
jbrainey jbrainey is offline
I Drink, Therefore I Am
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Northwest Tennessee
Posts: 13
My favorite line was "I am serious, and don't call me Shirley".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGSRmemHxlo&NR=1
__________________

Pioneer SX-1980/SX-1250/SX-980 X 2/SX-3700 NIB/SX-580/PL-550~ShureV15VMRLE/CTF-500 X 2/RT-707/SG-9800/HPM-100(200w)/DT-500
Teac X2000R/R-919X
Sony CDP-C725/DVP-CX777ES
Adcom ACE-515/GDA-600 DAC
BIC FM-10


Last edited by jbrainey; 08-02-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-02-2009, 04:03 PM
brimat66's Avatar
brimat66 brimat66 is offline
How old is vintage??
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Solid Tube State
Posts: 4
sucka dont wont the help sucka get the help jive a$$ dude aint got no brains anyhow
__________________
Maggie 9304, Garrard Zero 100, and Advents
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-02-2009, 04:08 PM
kneeOhFight's Avatar
kneeOhFight kneeOhFight is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: northern virginia, near washington, dc
Posts: 8
and who better to deadpan these lines than leslie nielsen, peter graves,and lloyd bridges...they were amazing!!
and beaver cleaver's mom, fluent in jive !!!hahaha
__________________
ADCOM, ADS, INFINITY, DCM TIME WINDOWS ONE, LUXMAN, ONKYO
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #21  
Old 08-02-2009, 04:15 PM
avionic's Avatar
avionic avionic is offline
Eagle Keeper
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Central Iowa ,Northern end of"tornado alley"
Posts: 70
Who's been in a Turkish Prison?

Looks some thing like this......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg range%20turkeys.jpg (24.3 KB, 38 views)
__________________

RET USAF 1978-1998
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-03-2009, 02:29 AM
ChadHahn ChadHahn is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ, USA
Posts: 4
Sometime back in the 90s I saw Heavy Metal on TBS and almost the entire segment with the two aliens snorting coke and flying was edited out.

About three years ago I found a DVD in a thrift store and watched it. I don't think that one has held up over the years. Perhaps if I went to a Midnight screening of it like I used to in HS I would think differently.

By the way what ever happened to Midnight Movies? When I was in HS two or three multiplexes had different movies playing on each screen. It was a blast.

Back on topic. I think just about everything in the movie is hilarious. Especially when Wilt Chamberlin breaks character to tell the kid off. And then when he's pulled out of his cockpit seat, he's in a basketball uniform.

Chad
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-03-2009, 05:23 AM
kneeOhFight's Avatar
kneeOhFight kneeOhFight is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: northern virginia, near washington, dc
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadHahn View Post
Sometime back in the 90s I saw Heavy Metal on TBS and almost the entire segment with the two aliens snorting coke and flying was edited out.

About three years ago I found a DVD in a thrift store and watched it. I don't think that one has held up over the years. Perhaps if I went to a Midnight screening of it like I used to in HS I would think differently.

By the way what ever happened to Midnight Movies? When I was in HS two or three multiplexes had different movies playing on each screen. It was a blast.

Back on topic. I think just about everything in the movie is hilarious. Especially when Wilt Chamberlin breaks character to tell the kid off. And then when he's pulled out of his cockpit seat, he's in a basketball uniform.

Chad
yeah....old Wilt Alcindor was a hoot for sure lol
__________________
ADCOM, ADS, INFINITY, DCM TIME WINDOWS ONE, LUXMAN, ONKYO
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-03-2009, 05:58 AM
caddisgeek's Avatar
caddisgeek caddisgeek is offline
sorry.......what?
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southwest Vic, Australia
Posts: 59
I freakin love that movie

saw it for the 1st time on school camp

in grade 5
__________________
Nikko STA 8080
JVC QL50, Grace G-840F, Denon DL160
Akai GX-1900D
NAD 502
Rotel RD-830
JBL Apollo with S8 drivers
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-03-2009, 07:08 AM
gearhound's Avatar
gearhound gearhound is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Fredneck Co., Maryland
Posts: 37
Dark star

A VERY low budget sci-fi comedy movie from the 70's............................

Probably NOT as good as AIRPLANE.....but well within the ballpark.


Steve
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #26  
Old 08-03-2009, 07:51 AM
steerpike2's Avatar
steerpike2 steerpike2 is offline
VK Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Transvaal, South Africa
Posts: 53
I thought this was gonna be about "The Midnight Express", the true story of William Hayes.
Someone I know has just visited Istanbul - that prison is now a hotel!
__________________
New toys (updated July 11th):
http://web.eject.co.za/s8nspawn/hifi/ak/index.htm

Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-03-2009, 08:03 AM
caddisgeek's Avatar
caddisgeek caddisgeek is offline
sorry.......what?
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Southwest Vic, Australia
Posts: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrainey View Post
My favorite line was "I am serious, and don't call me Shirley".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGSRmemHxlo&NR=1
I use that line on my kids all the time, they think I'm hilarious
__________________
Nikko STA 8080
JVC QL50, Grace G-840F, Denon DL160
Akai GX-1900D
NAD 502
Rotel RD-830
JBL Apollo with S8 drivers
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-03-2009, 09:00 AM
AnalogDigit's Avatar
AnalogDigit AnalogDigit is offline
Vintage rules!
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 82
Airplane was great! It seems like in that period in time, there were a lot of great comedies:
Slap Shot with the Hanson Brothers and Paul Newman - 1977
Animal House with the late great John Belushi - 1978
Up In Smoke with Cheech & Chong - 1978
Used Cars with Kurt Russell - 1980
Cheech & Chong Next Movie - 1980
Airplane! with Lloyd Bridges - 1980
Stripes with Bill Murray - 1980

I might be missing some, but these comedies when I was a teen were downright hilarious.
__________________
Main system: Pioneer SX 950 & Realistic STA 2100 Aiwa AD F770 and AD F660, Sony PS-T25 turntable, Pioneer CLD-5201 Laserdisk as a CD player, Denon DCM 360, Realistic 10- band EQ, Akai GX 4000D, Velodyne SA-101, Minimus 7, Baby Advents, Pioneer CS-88A speakers.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-03-2009, 09:04 AM
AnalogDigit's Avatar
AnalogDigit AnalogDigit is offline
Vintage rules!
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhound View Post
A VERY low budget sci-fi comedy movie from the 70's............................

Probably NOT as good as AIRPLANE.....but well within the ballpark.


Steve
That was John Carpenter's first movie he wrote and directed. Hilarious also. Love the Alien that looked like a large beach ball with feet!
__________________
Main system: Pioneer SX 950 & Realistic STA 2100 Aiwa AD F770 and AD F660, Sony PS-T25 turntable, Pioneer CLD-5201 Laserdisk as a CD player, Denon DCM 360, Realistic 10- band EQ, Akai GX 4000D, Velodyne SA-101, Minimus 7, Baby Advents, Pioneer CS-88A speakers.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-03-2009, 09:08 AM
Sam Cogley's Avatar
Sam Cogley Sam Cogley is offline
The Devil Inside
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhound View Post
A VERY low budget sci-fi comedy movie from the 70's............................

Probably NOT as good as AIRPLANE.....but well within the ballpark.


Steve
I have NEVER managed to see that movie, though I've wanted to for at least 15 years.
__________________
Growing up leads to growing old and then to dying,
And dying to me dont sound like all that much fun...
-John Mellencamp
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.