![]() |
|
#16
|
||||
|
||||
|
Thanks for the cues from everyone. The CCII is a varactor tuner. I hadn't realized those number slots actually came out! Anyone know if they're making reproductions of the original somewhere? I'm thinking I might be able to do something similar with a laser printer and transparency sheets. A little piddling around in a drawing program and it should be easy to print up. This set did have a "39" in the lower bit of the channel numbers. It seems UHF was selected by a hole in the number "pane". A pin pops through it to alter the tuning range. DFW had about a dozen UHF stations, and 39 has been Spanish for almost 10 years. You can tell this set wasn't used for a long time. But that's a discussion for another forum....being transistorized and all!
The cataract question is a little different. The set has a minimal amount of cataracts, but I'd hardly call Texas humid. Having lived all over the south, this is easily the dryest climate I've been in. Today we're floating around 30% humidity and 100 degrees. It has been known to get as low as single-digits when the west Texas dust storms blow through. RetroChad out in Midland can confirm that! (BTW -- I thoroughly enjoy your Youtubes Chad! Learn alot from them!) |
|
#17
|
|||
|
|||
|
The layout and knobs in the picture look just like the ones that I have. As I mentioned before, my sets use the 21FBP22 CRT that do not get cataracts due to the safety glass not being attached to the CRT via adhesive. However, dirt can sometimes get behind the safety glass and might look like cataracts.
|
|
#18
|
||||
|
||||
|
please let us know if you find out the age of the CM set
|
|
#19
|
||||
|
||||
|
That's a real nice CM find there. Thanks for watching my videos too! I have one which is a lot like it but a rectangular CRT....it is a chassis a lot like a CTC-15 but with a few upgrades such as a 6BQ5 audio output tube and cooling fins on the power transformer.
Midland is a lot drier than the Dallas area! I was in North Texas not too long ago and could really feel humidity which you almost never feel here here except right after a rain. It's really great for preserving old equipment because you almost never get any rust from condensation inside TV's and such and of course even very old cars almost never have any rust at all. |
|
#20
|
||||
|
||||
|
Hey, just checked this out. That is a great score on that CM, really nice looking set.
__________________
My TV page and YouTube channel Kyocera R-661, Yamaha RX-V2200 National Panasonic SA-5800 Sansui 1000a, 1000, SAX-200, 5050, 9090DB, 881, SR-636, SC-3000, AT-20 Pioneer SX-939, ER-420, SM-B201 Motorola SK77W-2Z tube console McIntosh MC2205, C26 |
| Audiokarma |
|
#21
|
||||
|
||||
|
Any updates on the Curtis?
__________________
My TV page and YouTube channel Kyocera R-661, Yamaha RX-V2200 National Panasonic SA-5800 Sansui 1000a, 1000, SAX-200, 5050, 9090DB, 881, SR-636, SC-3000, AT-20 Pioneer SX-939, ER-420, SM-B201 Motorola SK77W-2Z tube console McIntosh MC2205, C26 |
![]() |
|
|