Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Movies, shows, & programs

Notices

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 03-27-2009, 08:20 AM
1koolcat's Avatar
1koolcat 1koolcat is offline
Don't annoy the kitty!
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Minnetonka, MN
Posts: 16
I was born in 1960, so I recall:

- reruns of the old Gene Autry and Roy Rogers westerns, Cisco Kid, Lone Ranger. . .
- Branded
- The Riflemen
- F Troop
- Have Gun, Will Travel (difficult to understand at my tender age)
- Bonanza
- The High Chaparral
- The Virginian
- Gunsmoke (irregular viewer - saw it enough to know who the main characters were)

At an early age I got hooked on TV series theme songs. I used my Dad's mono cassette recorder (c. 1970?) to capture my favorites. (I held the small external microphone up to the B&W Zenith television speaker. I think the High Chaparral and Hawaii 5-0 were my favorite themes around that time.

Great memories invoked by this thread. Thanks!
__________________
Peter W.
Main Audio System: ADCOM amp and pre, SONY CDPs, NAKAMICHI, TASCAM, SONY Minidisc.
Recent additions include: NHT subs for my HT setup.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-27-2009, 08:38 AM
Twenty20Man's Avatar
Twenty20Man Twenty20Man is offline
Misty
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 47
the rifleman and wanted dead or alive i want those guns..where are they now...
__________________
"Common Sense isn't quite so common anymore"

SX-1250,1050,1010,939,838 x2, 737,636
CR-3020 CR-2020 x2,1020 x2,820
Concept 16.5,6.5,KR-7400
Thorens TD-145 Mk II
Yamaha CDC-715
KLH,Advent
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-27-2009, 01:19 PM
Infinitoid's Avatar
Infinitoid Infinitoid is offline
Euphoniums, etc.
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Scenic South Central Indiana
Posts: 5
Bat Masterson. Does that count? Great theme song.
__________________
Greg Bright

This is a euphonium. Learned, lived, loved.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-28-2009, 12:09 AM
leadlike's Avatar
leadlike leadlike is offline
VideoKarma Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lancaster, Pa
Posts: 956
Quote:
Bat Masterson. Does that count? Great theme song.
"He wore a cane and derby hat..." A favorite one of mine.

I can't believe I forgot Zorro! As a very young kid that was a show that I could not get enough of. I had my dad hold the reel to reel recorder up to the tv to tape the theme song for me. A very early memory of mine places me learning to write while that played along-every young kid has that one song that they wore out playing over and over again. I'm gonna say that tape was pretty worn out by the time I was through with it.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-28-2009, 08:58 AM
soundmotor's Avatar
soundmotor soundmotor is offline
super modified
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Just off the shoulder of Orion
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1koolcat View Post

- Branded
I remember virtually nothing of the show except Connors remaking his broken sword into a nasty shortened version* and the corruption of the theme song from elementary school which I'll spare you the recollection. (*Did the same thing happen to Steve McQueen in "Wanted: Dead or Alive"?)
__________________
I took a hammer to a Regency TR-4, I was 6 at the time.
Reply With Quote
Audiokarma
  #21  
Old 03-28-2009, 11:24 AM
no1maestro's Avatar
no1maestro no1maestro is offline
AK Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Saint Louis area
Posts: 18
There are lots of theme songs lps and cds out there including a boston pops one and two Kunzel on Telarc with Frankie Laine recapping his big ones. Then there are the TVTOONs cds with lots of themes.

One I haven't been able to track down is the original theme to "Rin Tin Tin" which was a march in the style of Sousa. I may never find that one.

One story sticks in my mind though. Our parents took us to a Fireman's Rodeo in Saint Louis. The featured act was The Cisco Kid. He had had a filming accident and still rode a horse into the stadium with his neck in a brace. We were still thrilled. As we were leaving the stadium for home my father gave us the usual "If you need to use the restroom do it now before we head home". I entered the closest restroom and before i was finished, a man walked up the the next urinal and when I looked it was Duncan Renaldo. Suffice it to say I was startled enough to end up with my pants and shoes a little spattered; it was a little disconcerting but a great memory!!
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©Copyright 2012 VideoKarma.org, All rights reserved.